🤞

PixelPie

Hatching
Jan 7, 2024
This is one of my 5/6 week old Polish chickens I'm hoping is a pullet? I have 4 altogether but no idea if pullets or cockerels 🤷 Any tips for this age?

Attachments

• IMG_20240107_160011.jpg
    IMG_20240107_160011.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 19
Cant help you with sex of chicken,,,, but would like to welcome you to BYC'. I had Polish in years past, and they are beautiful. One thing to note... Their hairdo prevents them from seeing overhead dangers,,, like hawks. Second inconvenience,,, during winter mine would drink water,, and their hairdo would get wet, and look like a wet mop. I used to give them haircuts in winter. In summer, the hairdos dried quickly, so no haircuts

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

This appears it is a male. Polish hens have a neat round hairdo, and Polish males are wild with longer feathers on the head.

Cant help you with sex of chicken,,,, but would like to welcome you to BYC'. I had Polish in years past, and they are beautiful. One thing to note... Their hairdo prevents them from seeing overhead dangers,,, like hawks. Second inconvenience,,, during winter mine would drink water,, and their hairdo would get wet, and look like a wet mop. I used to give them haircuts in winter. In summer, the hairdos dried quickly, so no haircuts

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Hi, and thankyou 👋
I have my suspicions that there's only 1 pullet in the 4. The one in the photo likely a cockerel 🙄 but if I do have a hen to keep I don't mind giving it a haircut 😁 my girls are a wee bit spoilt. My chicken run is quite big and fully enclosed so that's not a worry. Thanks 👍

Back
Top Bottom