🦃 Poult Poop: Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought this. It’s pretty high in protein like 30-32% but we have 24% dumor waiting once we use that one up. We only got one bag of that game bird starter from a local feed store that said people usually buy that to raise turkeys.

So I figured maybe it’s the excess protein making the poop extra cakey instead of hardening up like chickens’ poo.

whoops here’s the picture. I don’t have the stats since we got rid of the bag (I’m sure the pic is useless 😂)
View attachment 2173634
The game bird high protein feed is exactly what they need...this is good.

how long have they been out of the brooder and on dirt/grass?

Not long, like a week to a week and a half. Mostly because their poop was attracting so many flies that I figured with grass there’s no cleanup except maybe tilling it to incorporate it into the dirt.

So they’ve had cakey poop forever it feels like so I thought it was a turkey thing but wanted to verify.

They’re outgrowing this tiny brooder so I will be making a larger one and/or making their permanent tractor coop (by me I mean my husband). I only have 6.

80D11E7B-4691-47BA-B401-7A65FBAB0AF7.jpeg

I’m not worried since they’re healthy looking and acting normal although this is my first time having poults.

Is this poop normal? It is much softer than I’m used to from my chickens so I don’t know if it’s different because they’re turkeys and not chickens.

I have to move them every 1-3 days because flies flock to them like crazy!! Due to the poop. Again I’m used to a little bit of flies with chickens but this is ridiculous. It’s swarms of flies.

The grass looks like this after 3+ days so I’m starting to move them much more often to new patches of grass.

Thanks!

Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom