🦆 The DUX has woken up! 🦆

Y'all said rat-snake but my neighbor claims you were wrong: He says it is an Eastern Indigo Snake. It was too long to be an Eastern Black Rat Snake, that thing was over 2m (6+') long, longer than i am tall.
I did not kill it, i gave it to the neighbor who released it in his cattle barn to fight the rodents. She won't come back as there are two creeks, a road and two miles between his barn and my dux-house.

This afternoon the CCI's high temperature alert went off, which means that the eggs are producing a lot of their own heat now. I have not seen movement in the air-bubbles so far, but also i haven't had the time to thoroughly candle. Too much grass to cut, potatoes to weed and mulch and still have not planted all i wanted to plant. I am so exhausted in the evenings that i fall asleep on the porch and Sunny Sunshine has to remind me to make the soup-bowl for the ducks.

Y'all said rat-snake but my neighbor claims you were wrong: He says it is an Eastern Indigo Snake. It was too long to be an Eastern Black Rat Snake, that thing was over 2m (6+') long, longer than i am tall.
I did not kill it, i gave it to the neighbor who released it in his cattle barn to fight the rodents. She won't come back as there are two creeks, a road and two miles between his barn and my dux-house.
Yes I guess the Eastern Indigo Snake has an orange throat and the Black Rat Snake has a white one. They are bigger too. So glad you found it a good home.

Definitely not! - Otherwise i have a mouse-plague very soon.
You make a good point,accept my apology
IMG_1749.jpg

Hey, aren’t we approaching hatch date soon?? Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since you set the eldest eggs 😮 Let’s hope those air-cells start showing some movement!
I am planning on make, edit, upload and post a candle video this evening. - If i don't fall asleep on the porch and Sunny must wake me up. - So far i have not seen any movement in these well defined air-cells.

… and i fell asleep at the wheel again. At the moment i feel like i have bitten off more than i can chew…
I did a quick check on the eggs this morning and its not looking good. No internal pips, no movement except for one of the eggs i had found in the dux house and could not figure out who incubated it: There is a beating heart visible inside.

The new company »Sunshine« has recently joined the market for high-quality incubators. Supplies are very limited and i am pulling lot's of strings to acquire their premium model »Sunny«…

Meanwhile in Big Chimney, the duck-house has turned into a hen-house: Milka is stealing straw and eggs from Buffzilla. Violeta is incubating Buffzilla, incubating 14 eggs. Brød is incubating, Tweedledee, spitting fire. Darkbill and Smaug are burning everybody to ashes who gets too close to their nests. Duckling#12 and Laura have been infected with the broody virus too.
Only Milka Duck is friendly and calm and enjoys her bill massage - and the mealworms i bring her.
And everything and everybody is under the command of Blanca Duck!

The new company »Sunshine« has recently joined the market for high-quality incubators. Supplies are very limited and i am pulling lot's of strings to acquire their premium model »Sunny«…

Meanwhile in Big Chimney, the duck-house has turned into a hen-house: Milka is stealing straw and eggs from Buffzilla. Violeta is incubating Buffzilla, incubating 14 eggs. Brød is incubating, Tweedledee, spitting fire. Darkbill and Smaug are burning everybody to ashes who gets too close to their nests. Duckling#12 and Laura have been infected with the broody virus too.
Only Milka Duck is friendly and calm and enjoys her bill massage - and the mealworms i bring her.
And everything and everybody is under the command of Blanca Duck!
Violeta was so vicious, she almost knocked all the eggs to the floor! :eek: So cute that she is sharing with Buffzilla. And Brød is stomping around like she owns the place. Gosh, you will be overrun with ducklings soon enough!! ❤️
Edit: I also have a sweet, broody bird, but she will not be staying broody.
IMG_8679.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom