1.5 week old Celadon acting lethargic

kurby22

Crossing the Road
Apr 12, 2021
Sacramento Area, California
My baby celadon seems a bit under the weather, his cheep sounds sort of sad and he’s overly calm and super quietly chirping.

I discovered the pine bedding had soaked up all their water—could he just be sluggish from dehydration? Is it ok to give quail Sav-a-chick? I’m holding him and can give him some by syringe?

Thanks!

It won't hurt. How long was it out of water? Make sure that it's warm too in case it got wet.
I don’t think it was longer than 2-3 hours...I had filled it in the morning. He’s also noticeably smaller than the other three today. And is struggling to walk. He seems a bit more lively today though, just sort of sits in one spot and rests. He will drink the electrolyte mix from a syringe and he did poop a tiny bit this morning and it wasn’t green this time. I’m thinking I might mushing some food in some water in the syringe to make sure he’s eating. Poor little dude, he’s super sweet and clearly doesn’t feel good 😢

Attachments

• 2CF6E26C-DFCA-4D65-8C2F-059037F33B34.jpeg
    2CF6E26C-DFCA-4D65-8C2F-059037F33B34.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 5
I don’t think it was longer than 2-3 hours...I had filled it in the morning. He’s also noticeably smaller than the other three today. And is struggling to walk. He seems a bit more lively today though, just sort of sits in one spot and rests. He will drink the electrolyte mix from a syringe and he did poop a tiny bit this morning and it wasn’t green this time. I’m thinking I might mushing some food in some water in the syringe to make sure he’s eating. Poor little dude, he’s super sweet and clearly doesn’t feel good 😢
Does its poop look normal? Sometimes the smaller ones just fail to thrive.

Does its poop look normal? Sometimes the smaller ones just fail to thrive.
I think so, last nights poop had a bit of a green coloration and I read that can be from a number of things including dehydration. Today’s was normal colored just very small...likely from not eating much. He really doesn’t show any outward signs of illness, just lethargic and walks a bit unstable. I tried to see if he may have a leg issue, but they both seem to move fine when I push up on them. I am sad but I know it is possible he’s just little and likely has some internal issues. He was growing normal like the rest and then it seems it just slowed down and the others kept growing :-(

Back
Top Bottom