1 and 1/2 month old chicks eye swollen

I have looked and looked online and found nothing similar to what this looks like. :(

Here is one that someone just did:

Ok everyone! I took a couple of pics an hour ago & they are below! As you can see in the one close up, there is a somewhat clear puss oozing from her! I pressed on the knot & it's not rock hard, but it's not real soft either! I'd say somewhere in the middle but closer to hard! The harder I pushed, the more oozed out. Thoughts??

OK everyone, I've got an update on my peahen, Busby! First, some of you have asked what milligram of Baytril I gave her & it was 100 milligram. Looking back on it tho, I don't think I gave her enough each day! The Tylan 200 seemed to clear up the infection in her eye better & sooner.

Anyway, a nurse friend of mine came to the house yesterday (Sunday) & helped me (she did the grosse stuff) perform a SUCCESSFUL procedure to remove the hardened mass infection in her sinus! Like some have predicted though, my male has been "bothering" her by pecking at her wound. I've separated the two & they cannot see each other while separated. I'm wondering how long I should keep them separated?!?! The male has been very vocal since the separation...is that normal as well? Thoughts?? Thank you all for all your advice & concern!

Read the whole thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/945905/sick-peahen

-Kathy

I have looked and looked online and found nothing similar to what this looks like.
sad.png
It's an infection in the sinus cavity and the pus need to be removed. Antibiotics alone will *not* treat it.

-Kathy

I had one the other day that I squeezed the pus out of. When I did, I opened the pus ball and found a feather, so I'm guessing that the chick got a feather lodged in it's choanal slit and that it worked it's way into the sinus cavity had pus formed around it.

Photo by @Nambroth

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom