1 day early 3PIPS and I hear chirping!!!! (Newbie - hence excited)

bsee4u

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 11, 2011
Came home from work and 3 of my 7 eggs in my Brinsea Mini Advance are Pipping and I actually heard chirps. This is great because day 21 is not until tomorrow evening. Gosh I feel like I have jumped from age 52 to 8 and it is Christmas Eve!!!! I may have to stay up late to watch the action unfold, might have to call in sick tomorrow at work
smile.png

Oh how exciting!!!! I did sense a slight cough and sniffle in your post (grin) therefore you have permission to call in sick tomorrow!
wink.png

Let us know what's going on!!

From lock down till the hatch is over my right knee stays cramped from sitting on the floor with the bator. I have had such luck with hatching I hate to changes things up and move the bator. I went into lock down 3 hrs ago on my 1588. I hope yours is on a table. Good luck with your hatch.

From lock down till the hatch is over my right knee stays cramped from sitting on the floor with the bator. I have had such luck with hatching I hate to changes things up and move the bator. I went into lock down 3 hrs ago on my 1588. I hope yours is on a table. Good luck with your hatch.

lol.png
at 3 hours after lockdown I already had 2 hatched chicks. 16 where hatched by days end on the 19th day. Did I tell you I love this bator.

what you got in the 1588?​

Last edited:
Have one baby out of the shell, 4 others now are PIPPING! the one out is chirping it's little head off, but still soaking wet.

I have went into lockdown with pips before and had 100% hatch. I think you have mentioned you love that bator.
tongue.png
In my 1588 I have 13 of my own silkie eggs and 10 from the eggs I had shipped in. I am not holding my breath on the shipped eggs I think they have a very rough ride and it has been very cold here I lost over half on 10 day candle. I didn't even candle going into lock down I was afraid they would get cold. The one that got cracked was still going at 10 days which suprised me. Of my own eggs I lost only 2 one of which I placed in the bator upside down. duh So I am pretty confident it was nothing I did to cause such a high lose. Chalk that up to shipping, they were clear and 2 quit on day 2 or 3. Oh well if I get 6 I will be happy! Cross your fingers for them I really need them to go with the showgirls in the fall.

Hope you hatch continues to go well.
Tisha

Back
Top Bottom