1 Dozen - Button Quail Eggs - $10.00 Includes Priority Shipping

wyldehorses

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Kentucky
My incubators runneth over.

My little button quail are laying and I don't have any room in my incubator for more eggs. These tiny birds are absolutely precious. Sorry, I don't have any photos at the moment. But the colors are widely varied.

Will ship on Tuesday.

Paypal only on this shipment. If you are interested in the same deal and can't use payal, please email me.

Thanks,
Yolonda

sad.png
Dang, my incubator is full!!!! Will you be offering some more in a month?? If you are, i would like to try hatching some of those cute little things!

Would it be possible to see some pics of your breeders and babies you hatch?
Thanks!
big_smile.png

I'm getting a dozen eggs almost everyday. I think I have Thursday covered, but can send another dozen on Monday. That way they won't sit in the post office over the weekend. I'm starting a list, and I have responded to the pms.

As to what to do with them, I use them with newly hatched bantam chicks. I put one adult quail in with the new babies, and they show the babies how to eat and drink. The chicks seem to get off to a better start, and if the button quail is tame, they follow the lead and aren't as fearful of me when I feed.
jumpy.gif

I've given eggs to neighbors who want chickens,but for one reason or another can't keep chickens. They keep a couple like finches or other small birds in a cage they even pack them up and take them with them to Florida for the winter. They are as tame as can be eating bits of hand fed apples.

I use cleaned butter tubs and other recycled material to build little hamster like habitats and just watch them play. It's so relaxing.

I've also read, and it seems to be true, that they are good for controlling mites. I have wooden breeding pens for the bantams and quail. I've never had mites in the quail pens, and sometimes put them in an empty bantam breeding pen as a natural way of controlling pests. It seems to work in my experience.

Hopefully I will be adding pictures later this week. I tried tonight and the batteries were dead in the camera.

Yolonda

Question:

How many eggs do quail lay at one time?
How often do they lay?
What do the eggs look like?
How many can you keep together?
What size container would you need for X amount?

Sorry, wanting to get some...just want them to have what they are supposed to have.
duc.gif

SBF

Back
Top Bottom