1 Dozen Easter Egger Eggs - ALL SOLD - Thanks everyone!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ParkerVA, Sep 30, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Well, now you all have me researching naked necks! Geez..thanks. lol Hopefully I don't change my mind about them and decide to buy these eggs! [​IMG]

2. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Ha ha, not trying to push them on you, but I have to say, my naked necks are my very favorite birds and my best layers. [​IMG]

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    For one or two NNs, it's worth it. He has beautiful birds, and the eggs are the prettiest green/blue. [​IMG] I can't wait to see what hatches.
    Oh, and the NNs are very cold hardy, and resistant to cocci... [​IMG] a plus for AK.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    If these were for next week I'd be all over them! My bator's full for now. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

JD, these are beautiful birds you have. And what a fun bunch someone could end up with! [​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Quote:Do you have any pics of them?

7. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Here is one.

[​IMG]

They all 3 look alike, except one is more of a buff color and two are like this one, more red.

8. Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

For one or two NNs, it's worth it. He has beautiful birds, and the eggs are the prettiest green/blue. [​IMG] I can't wait to see what hatches.
    Oh, and the NNs are very cold hardy, and resistant to cocci... [​IMG] a plus for AK.

Cold hardy! What did you knit them all scarves?​

9. Meant to ask if the crosses still produce colored eggs.
    I think it was a cochin x ee and something else in there.
    Just curious how it all works.

10. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Yes, all of the pullets from these eggs should lay green or blue eggs, as I am only shipping blue & green eggs. 3 of my 4 roosters are purebred Ameraucanas, the other, the white, was sold to me as such, but he has green legs, so I call him an EE as I question his breeding now.

The Ameraucana x Cochin and Ameraucana x Turken hens lay the more green shelled eggs, as well as some hens I have that are Ameraucana x (Marans x EE). My blue egg layers are blue, black, white, splash, blue wheaten and wheaten Ameraucana hens. There are also a few hatchery EE in the pen.

(I think I put EE x Cochin in the original post accidentally, they are out of a blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster and beautiful standard partridge Cochin hen that I lost this summer.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: