1 egg = 0 egg??

Harli50

Songster
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Utah
My new pullet laid her first egg yesterday but to day...nothing. whats up with that!?!? she laid it before i came home at 3:30 and still hasnt laid one.
hmm.png

do not expect one every day yet. My be tomorrow... My new layers did every other day for a eggs, and then, every day... And a day off here and there. Also, its winter, so, you should be lucky feeling that she even started. I have read some peoples pulleys don't start till spring, even through will be old enough long before that...

Thanks for the quick responses!!
she laid it in the nest box with no bedding so i put some in and she wont touch it.... if that makes a difference

Quote:
lau.gif

Truth hurts! One of my Dominique hens laid her (and my) very first egg in early October and hasn't laid another one since then. Come spring, she and her Sister have a lot of making up to do. The only thing predictable about chickens is their unpredictability.

LOL, I remember being that excited when mine first started laying. That 1st one is like getting a 1000.00 dollar egg
smile.png

Unfortunately as stated above it wont happen every single day...even when she gets going full speed. With a healthy and happy egg laying flock in spring and summer you can only really expect 75% the number of hens in eggs every day. (6 eggs from 8 hens) That is doing well under ideal circumstances. If you get more, consider it a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom