Olive Eggers born April 24th 2021, pullets or cockerels? (edited, 12 weeks old now)

maceleneo

Crowing
Apr 2, 2020
Northern Italy
Hi, I know it's early and OE can't be sexed at this age, but these are the only two chicks my broody hatched, I never had a broody before and I would really really love to keep them both (I could keep a pair, but if they were two males I should probably rehome one of them), so the suspense is killing me!
They were born on april 24, do you have any guesses on their gender?
Another question: father is an OE (MaransXAraucana) and mother is a Marans, what kind of combs do you think they have? #1 looks like a pea comb, but I'm not sure about #2, could that be a single comb?
I'm going to update this thread with new pictures every week... but keep me company while I wait! :D

DSC_9654.JPG
DSC_9687.JPG

Hi, I know it's early and OE can't be sexed at this age, but these are the only two chicks my broody hatched, I never had a broody before and I would really really love to keep them both (I could keep a pair, but if they were two males I should probably rehome one of them), so the suspense is killing me!
They were born on april 24, do you have any guesses on their gender?
Another question: father is an OE (MaransXAraucana) and mother is a Marans, what kind of combs do you think they have? #1 looks like a pea comb, but I'm not sure about #2, could that be a single comb?
I'm going to update this thread with new pictures every week... but keep me company while I wait! :D

View attachment 2684224View attachment 2684225
Beautiful Chicks! You were right it is too early to tell gender. Looks like they may have modified pea combs.😊

Hi! My chicks are 6 weeks old today. Combs are getting pinker, but seem smaller than those of others OE seen here. What do you think? Still too early to tell?
My Marans combs were much yellower at this age, but I guess breed can make the difference? :fl

both.png
sante.jpg
pio.jpg

I'm keeping this thread updated because I would like to find something similar (pea combed chicks growth)... and also because I'm still not sure what gender they are!
They are 9 weeks old now.
This is number 1:
DSC_2056.JPG

DSC_2051.JPG

And number 2:
DSC_2041.JPG
DSC_2062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom