1 normal egg during the day 1 soft egg at night

Alilbit88

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
Can someone tell me what’s going on? My sweet angel Gwen has been laying eggs everyday since I got here basically and they are normal. Today she laid 1 normal egg during the day then However tonight I see her standing up and produced a soft egg at 1030pm at night. She seems tired and lethargic after making the egg so I have isolated her with some hydro-hen. What on earth is going on?

*update*
Update. So after the 1 normal egg during the day and 1 soft egg at 1030pm. She laid a dwarf??? Soft egg again sometime in the night!!!!! That’s insane. 3 eggs basically within 24 hours.

Last edited:
She may have had two eggs developing close together, and maybe was egg bound for a time. I would give her a human calcium citrate with D3 tablet orally for the next few days up to a week. Those can be found at Walmart in the Equate brand, or in other pharmacies. She should be able to swallow the tablet.

She may have had two eggs developing close together, and maybe was egg bound for a time. I would give her a human calcium citrate with D3 tablet orally for the next few days up to a week. Those can be found at Walmart in the Equate brand, or in other pharmacies. She should be able to swallow the tablet.
Update. So after the 1 normal egg during the day and 1 soft egg at 1030pm. She laid a dwarf??? Soft egg again sometime in the night!!!!! That’s insane. 3 eggs basically within 24 hours. Does the above advice still apply?what is the dosage of the pill?

Last edited:
I deal with that OFTEN. I provide reptile calcium during laying season and sometimes get the very to administer a calcium injection. We've had to go further with vet care, but you shouldn't be in that kind of trouble. I'm currently browsing similar answers because my hen is yet again working on her 3rd egg since 10 am and it's 4 now

Back
Top Bottom