1 week old Khaki Campbell ducklings

BugMunch

Songster
May 7, 2018
South Carolina
I have been raising chickens for the last 2 years, and today, expanded to ducks. I purchased 2 Khaki Campbell ducklings, that are 1 week old. I know they need mashed peas, but how can I get them interested in eating them? Will they need chick grit, or can I use the grit I give my adult chickens? Any info would be greatly appreciated 💜
IMG_20200427_122116148_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200427_125227598.jpg
IMG_20200427_125245240.jpg

Yes, if you are feeding them treats, chick grit should be provided on the side. Ducks can be weary with new things, but try tossing some peas on their water dish, and eventually, they will start to eat them. Cute ducks!

I have been raising chickens for the last 2 years, and today, expanded to ducks. I purchased 2 Khaki Campbell ducklings, that are 1 week old. I know they need mashed peas, but how can I get them interested in eating them? Will they need chick grit, or can I use the grit I give my adult chickens? Any info would be greatly appreciated 💜View attachment 2111389View attachment 2111390View attachment 2111391
They need baby food thats made more for them, thats of a higher protien rate then chicks otherwise you can uave issues with their physical health. They cannot have adult stuff. And though chick food will work temporarily they really need the higher protien diet as babies. Also, their messy so I suggest building/buying them a specialty waterer to keep down the mess a bit.

They need baby food thats made more for them, thats of a higher protien rate then chicks otherwise you can uave issues with their physical health. They cannot have adult stuff. And though chick food will work temporarily they really need the higher protien diet as babies. Also, their messy so I suggest building/buying them a specialty waterer to keep down the mess a bit.
Ok, I will look into getting duckling food, and will work on a proper waterer for them.

Back
Top Bottom