1 week old sebright chick experiencing problems after pastybut issues.

I got a brooder plate to keep the tempurature constant but she still just stands there and chirps. I reintroduced her to the others today so since she had healed enough to be in the brooder again. But i am still worried about her. I hope the brooder plate can keep her more constant. She has always been very vocal. And not really fond of laying down.

Attachments

• KIMG0921.JPG
    KIMG0921.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 2
  • KIMG0912.JPG
    KIMG0912.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 2
Is her crop emptying overnight?

You should be able to get a better gauge of crop function if they are using a heat plate and sleeping through the night. Check before dark, the crop should feel full, then check first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks, it should be empty/flat.

Update: Cinderheart is now doing quite well. They are still smaller than the others but I no longer have to clean them off every day. They are all growing into their feathers and I think the two I thought were buddies may both be roosters, unfortunately. Still to soon to tell though.

Final Update: still working on that comb but Cinder is doing rather healthy and has experienced no further issues at all. They will be seeing their new home soon in their own dedicated coop.

Thank you for the help.
PXL_20230519_223224491.jpg

Back
Top Bottom