1 year and not laying

Hmmmm very strange usually in the winter they will stop but one the spring and summer comes and the suns out and its warm they will lay maybe they are stressed do you have males if you do how many cause my ducks we had males and they would chase after the females and try to mate and they got so stressed they stopped laying for about two months so we bot a huge pen and now have the males in there and only 1 male out and our females are nice and happy and laying normally

I have 2 hens and a rooster and plan on adding more hens. But it will take time, as I'll purchase chicks, adult birds are too costly.

Last edited:
Out of my 2 one year old hens, one does not lay any eggs and the other laid 4 eggs and then stopped. It's been 4 days. The rooster also started crowing just a month ago. Is there some 'late maturity' problem? Does anyone have an explanation?

Actually, after getting an egg today again, I've come to the conclusion that she laid her last egg out of the coop and a kite got it. (They don't tolerate crows and the area is inaccessible to cats)
And the other one is not laying.

Back
Top Bottom