1 year old hen, hot beak/head/feet

n2u1123

Hatching
Apr 6, 2018
My 1 year old Buff orpington hen has a really hot beak/head and feet, she is panting off and on and keeps burying herself under things. it is one of the first sunny days, but is only about 60 degrees out. I had her in the house and she buried herself under a blanket and just stayed there. She isn't really drinking or eating too much, just a little. She walks around fine. I haven't seen her poop in a while, like 5 hours....(but I wasn't watching her all 5 hours). She was fine this morning, she has been looking this way for about 6-7 hours now. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Is she broody?
No, but one of my other chickens is and I feel like since that chicken was broody, she wasn't letting this chicken go to the one spot all my chickens use to lay eggs. My buff hasn't layed an egg for a few days now, but I don't think she fits the symptoms of the blocked egg issue.

Hmm, ok, thanks......at least she pooped, is that a good sign? She actually seems to be getting better. She's not panting so much anymore. I guess we will see tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I hope she is ok!!!

So, she seems to be perfectly fine today, I still don't think she has laid an egg yet, but her head and feet are not hot anymore. I wonder if it was just the weather? Thank you everyone for all the tips!!!

Back
Top Bottom