1-year old Orpington died. Wondering why?

brenandmark

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2016
Hi, our 12 month old Orpington died yesterday. She had been “slow” her entire life and the last 3 days seemed to have trouble walking (waddled and took long time to get to where she wanted to go). The weird thing is she weighed MUCH more than all the other chickens and sister Orpington. She didn’t eat significantly more, appeared to lay normally, and acted OK except for always being physically slow and weighing so much! Sad to see her dead in the coop yesterday afternoon but wondering what she could have had? Cardiac issue? Just curious (and sad). All the other girls are fine.

Hi, our 12 month old Orpington died yesterday. She had been “slow” her entire life and the last 3 days seemed to have trouble walking (waddled and took long time to get to where she wanted to go). The weird thing is she weighed MUCH more than all the other chickens and sister Orpington. She didn’t eat significantly more, appeared to lay normally, and acted OK except for always being physically slow and weighing so much! Sad to see her dead in the coop yesterday afternoon but wondering what she could have had? Cardiac issue? Just curious (and sad). All the other girls are fine.

To me sounds like Lymphoid Leokosis (I guess I write correct) or Mareks .
These two makes the symptoms u mentioned also as u said about always slow she still Live a long and healthy life with u mareks didn't give this long chance but still

My hugs to u :hugs

Back
Top Bottom