10-2-10 Lewiston, Maine Chickenstock (not just for chickens)

Quote:
The news paper was the www.sunjournal.com I wonder if its going to be in the "Lewiston" section. I hope not because I'm in different county. I hope that the picture is the one of your boy with the silkies.

Glad you enjoyed the day, it really was a nice social event. Kudos folks, now we can plan for spring at 2 locations. Thank you all again for making this event a wonderful day! (need fabreeze for the go-buggy...smells like chicken poo)

Chickenstock Lewiston Tractor Supply made it in the Lewiston SunJournal! Here is the article.

9241_citchickensap100310.jpg

Ian Stano, 3, of Wells holds a silkie bantam chick owned by Ray Kennison of South Paris at "Chickenstock" on Saturday. Kennison said the silkies from Asia and are used as show chickens because of their furry coat. Chickenstock was held at the Lewiston Tractor Supply Co. where area farmers gathered to buy, sell, trade and show their animals to the public.

- Jose Leiva/Sun Journal

Quote:
Keep me posted on his doings even though I am sure he will absolutley fine. My 2 huuuuge girls I brought home haven't done much besides give me constant stink eye! But once they establish I am the treat lady I am sure they will come around.

It was funny as soon as I put him in the box and loaded him in the car my other rooster started crowing as if to say, HA HA, I am king now!

Quote:
So sorry, I assumed he was your son, either way he is a wicked cutie!

No Problem, sometimes I think he is for the amount of time I have him with us. Both Ian and his Mom (my daughter) live with us and both my wife and daughter work, so I have him just about everyday.

bob

I stopped into the Lewiston Tractor Supply to finally pick up the sign, and Mike the manager said their sales almost doubled! That is awesome and was very pleased with the way the yard looked...of course a speck of shavings was in the next county as quickly as a chicken scuffed it! lol Apparently they had a group come that left piles of manure and garbage.
We are talking now about a May event-mid month so folks that are looking for chicks, TSC sells chicks and they have a pet celebration day. It would be nice to NOT compete with the Patrick Demsey race. It was the buzz of the town which is fine.

Oh and Stano, I mentioned to Mike in Lewiston that you wanted to begin having an event in Sanford so if your guy calls Lewiston, there will not be any issues.

Have a great day everyone!

Quote:
That's great, I'm sure my wife buying those 21 bales of shavings really helped his quota for the day ... LOL

I will make note of that and add it to what I am writing up for Andrea over at the Sanford TSC. I had forgotten in May & June all the feed stores get their shipment of chicks, turkeys & ducks. That would tie in nicely for an event during their sales of chicks.

bob

Quote:
That's great, I'm sure my wife buying those 21 bales of shavings really helped his quota for the day ... LOL

I will make note of that and add it to what I am writing up for Andrea over at the Sanford TSC. I had forgotten in May & June all the feed stores get their shipment of chicks, turkeys & ducks. That would tie in nicely for an event during their sales of chicks.

bob

TSC may not want to compete for chick sales during their chick days (just a thought)

I thought of that also and decided just to add that into my report to them as an optional event for them to consider. Using the thought of their chick sale and a chicken swap may help to bring in more customers, especially if no one brings chicks to the chicken swap. I'll leave it up to their decision on combining the two events.

bob

Back
Top Bottom