10-2-10 Lewiston, Maine Chickenstock (not just for chickens)

Quote:
Are you still planning on bringing your Roo? If so I am still interested.

I will probably be bringing 12 (maybe 18) pullets that will be six weeks old at the time of the swap. They will be sold in lots of 6 so I can obey Maine law. They were from a hatchery (Ideal) choice standard pullet special. They have been vaccinated against Marek's. Hopefully I will have figured out what breeds I have by then. I ordered 35 and they sent a good assortment. Hmmm maybe we can have a guess the breed contest.
smile.png

I also have one (maybe two) male Pekin ducks to sell or trade. Both were hatched out in March of this year.

I will be looking for Silkies for my lonely Silkie roo. And if anyone has two or three female muscovies I would be interested. I have two males and one female now and would like more girls.

Hi Wedget, I have heard of a couple different people with silkies that they are bringing. No idea on age. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, it should be a fun event (as usual)
I do have a stupid question, if you have Mareks shots, is that a dead virus or a live virus? I don't know anything about them except eeeek.
Guess I assumed it was a more "southernly" health concern.
We will be bringing a healthy, fertile Mille Fleur D'uccle Rooster for whomever is interested. I've gotten all the chicks I need out of that combination. If I cannot find a roo that I like the looks of I'll be rooting for some eggs if anyone has those.
fl.gif

Quote:
From what I understand most poultry vaccines are 'live'. Doesn't make them more 'dangerous' than the killed vaccines though. It is just that the immune system sometimes responds better to the live version than the killed version. All depends on what disease you are trying to prevent.

Quote:
From what I understand most poultry vaccines are 'live'. Doesn't make them more 'dangerous' than the killed vaccines though. It is just that the immune system sometimes responds better to the live version than the killed version. All depends on what disease you are trying to prevent.

Well, cross of Dave the Mille Fleur roo, he sold today. Still looking for D'uccle eggs. Oh, BTW there is a poultry at the Windsor Fair Grounds on Oct 3. No idea on time yet, it is going to be held by the Central Maine poultry club.

Sounds like fun!
See you there... not sure if I'll be bringing much, got to do some sorting.
hmm.png

I do have a cockerel (young roo) Partridge Cochin if anyone wants him, he's very nice, just can't have 2.

Cher. I do understand the rooster situation. We have 3 Bantam Cochins, Scooters boys that are just the age to sell them but I worry that they would be intimidated and picked on yet. So, we will keep them unless someone speaks up. Scooter is not a show bird, but is from a show quality line. These are line bred, I thought I was going to keep a couple girls for Scoots and then I had 2 hens on 1 nest, hatched them, raised together, began laying eggs and left Scooter with the kids! LOL
He is a strange rooster, but a sweetheart.

And the count down is near! If anyone wants a nice young Bantam Cochin, let me know.

We are going to bring a few birds to show and for folks to see. If you breed any line of birds, make business cards! Even if you don't have chicks 'now' , you can have folks lined up in the spring...or if your as foolish as I, one of the bedrooms is the Chicken room.

So much to do so little time.
Not sure what I will be bringing now. With the weather the way it will be tomorrow the two Pekins I want to bring will probably be more mud colored than white. They so love to play in the muddiest part of their pen.
smile.png

Still debating on the chicks. I've yet to really figure out what breeds I do have. Then again it might not matter for anyone who just wants pullets who will lay eggs for them eventually. And I need to find a cage to display them in. They are still small enough to get out of most everything I have that would allow the public to actually see them.
If I get really ambitious I do have some small Vari Kennels I want to sell cheap. None of them have handles on the top but the crates are still great for transporting. I have at least six of those but need to clean them up and make sure I have enough nuts and bolts.
Then I still want to print out some signs for whatever I do bring. Of course I need to pick up some printer ink tomorrow before I can do that.
Well if nothing else going to Lewiston at least means stopping on the way home in Auburn for a couple of Roy's cheeseburgers with a side of fries with vinegar.
smile.png

Quote:
Are you still planning on bringing your Roo? If so I am still interested.

I will probably be bringing 12 (maybe 18) pullets that will be six weeks old at the time of the swap. They will be sold in lots of 6 so I can obey Maine law. They were from a hatchery (Ideal) choice standard pullet special. They have been vaccinated against Marek's. Hopefully I will have figured out what breeds I have by then. I ordered 35 and they sent a good assortment. Hmmm maybe we can have a guess the breed contest.
smile.png

I also have one (maybe two) male Pekin ducks to sell or trade. Both were hatched out in March of this year.

I will be looking for Silkies for my lonely Silkie roo. And if anyone has two or three female muscovies I would be interested. I have two males and one female now and would like more girls.

Isaac is deffinatley coming!!!! - I can't get any more than 2 hens, but I will gladly re-home Isaac for free! he's a good boy & I just want a good home for him. I am very happy with how he looks - minus a bit of moulting. He really is going to be a good looking boy when he is full grown.

I am not sure what I am wearing but I will let you know so we can recognize each other. I also need to figure out what time we'll be there, it's a long ride for us. I think if I offer to buy my husband a coffee we will be there about 9 ish.

I should be there by 9 too. As for me I have a silver Saturn Vue. And there will be two big white fluffy things in the back. No way my two pyrs will let me go on a road trip without them. And if they get into too much trouble in the next two days I just
might put a take me home sign on them
smile.png
. Just kidding. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Quote:

Well, cross of Dave the Mille Fleur roo, he sold today. Still looking for D'uccle eggs. Oh, BTW there is a poultry at the Windsor Fair Grounds on Oct 3. No idea on time yet, it is going to be held by the Central Maine poultry club.

the windsor poultry show on sunday starts at 9:00am with tail gate sales (must be NPIP tested and fee to sell is $10)
there usually are some really nice birds for sale at the end of the show season.
I'll be with showing but nothing for sale. I will have blue laced red wyandottes in the show and chicks in the spring as usual.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom