10 + 2 Ok, I guess these are EE's Not :( AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS, NPIP Ky Auction

I totally agree!

Im not an expert on the breed. However I do get pretty PO when people don't read all of the information and assume they know what they are talking about.
Especially since you are slandering someone elses birds.

If you read what the seller said then you would have seen the seller stated:
they were from a pen with different colors of Ameraucana running together so that is why they are not the recognised colors!
Shouldn't they just be called project colors of Ameraucanas or a mix of colors and NOT EE since both the hens and roos were Ameraucanas!
Nothing worse than having your pure breds called mutts!

They very well could have some EE blood in them I am just saying........ If the hens and roos were true then these would be to???
Off the soap box now

Hold on, in no way was anyone "slandering" these chickens.
They were letting the OP know facts about ameraucanas that he/she may not be aware of. They stated they were "new with this breed"
idunno.gif

Most said they were nice. They are nice, and they lay nice eggs!!

I read the advert completely before commenting, and was trying to be helpful because I do know about Ameraucanas.

The posters who commented are just going by the SOP for Ameraucanas.

Good grief!!
Well I for one won't bother being helpful in future.

Last edited:
well it was nice of you trying to help them out but before you try to help someone you should read all of the info or maybe contact them through PM if you questioned it instead of calling their chickens mutts publicly. U didn't ask for more info you just assumed you were right and told them they were wrong. Then interested people might not purchase them thinking they are mutts and they might get poor egg coloring or pink and green eggs instead of blue.

Just because a color doesn't meet the standards does not make it any less that breed! I have silkies and if I get a green silkie chick from a silkie hen and a silkie roo its still a silkie it just isn't to show color standards but it will still be a broody pain in the ars when it grows up. : ) lol

I didn't mean to offend anyone either I was just pointing this out so the original poster knows they are not wrong. And that they do have Ameraucanas and not mutts. Why is it when people are trying to sell project colors like lavander and paint they cost a rediculous amount of $ but when someone has a pure bred backyard flock of mixed colors they seem to be worthless to most?

Hold on, in no way was anyone "slandering" these chickens.
They were letting the OP know facts about ameraucanas that he/she may not be aware of. They stated they were "new with this breed"
idunno.gif

Most said they were nice. They are nice, and they lay nice eggs!!

I read the advert completely before commenting, and was trying to be helpful because I do know about Ameraucanas.

The posters who commented are just going by the SOP for Ameraucanas.

Good grief!!
Well I for one won't bother being helpful in future.
Please continue to be helpful. Everyone just gets sensitive about the EE AM thing. In fact I had someone take one of my posts the wrong way before. There reply was nasty! I wonder how some of these people are a chicken shows? We also have to remember some people do not care about the SOP. We have to agree that we all love our chickens!

Well, I guess it doesn't matter at all now. No one will want them now. I guess I was wrong. WRONG! There I hope that make them all happy! I am the original poster, so I'm wrong for even listing them.

Well I have healthy birds that lay beautiful blue eggs. They are originally from Ameraucanas. No other breeds were involved, only different colors of Ameraucana. I apoligize that I didn't list it to everyones specs.
But I also can't imagine spending my time looking/searching for listing to tell people that they are wrong about thier birds and that you don't have the breed you think you have. I'm not wrong about where my birds came from or the line of breed, only the show quality of color.. I never said that these were show quaility, nor did I imply it.

My birds have all colors, some hens are brown, white, brown laced with black, white, brown laced with lavender and lavender laced with brown.

So if anyone is interested in chickens that lay blue eggs, not looking for the perfect Ameraucana, then you would love these.. I personally love thier colors. So with that in mind, I'm sure now that they will never sell, everyone will have me marked as selling birds that are mutts or not perfect Ameraucanas..

Thanks!

I think most people like me clicked on the post because it said Ameraucanas, I just cruise the egg thread because I'm addicted lol I know I certainly didn't go looking for posts in order to tell you your birds are mutts or not good or something negative like that. Lots of people like me love Easter Eggers, they're usually better layers than Ameraucanas and I can only speak for my own but they're also a lot more friendly. I know it can be disappointing to be told your birds aren't "up to standard", I went through the same thing when I found out my EE weren't Ameraucanas. People are so picky and temperamental when it comes to the EE/Am thing.

I don't think you'll have much of a problem selling your beautiful blue eggs, lots of people want blue eggs and don't care for showing or penning their birds separately in order to make sure they breed true. Good luck on your auction
hugs.gif

These birds have GREEN legs. If they were just mixed color Ameraucanas, they would have proper colored SLATE/Black legs. They are EEs.

Back
Top Bottom