~$10 Assortment of Hatching Eggs~

We did, but we also didn't want to keep anyone out of the bator for too long. So we didn't examine it real long or closely. Just numbered it and took notes to check it better next time.

Yeah, she's currently failing science, so I'm hoping this little science experiment piques her interest.

Any updates, you two?
smile.png

I'm a little bummed. The one SS Hamburg that looked clear, was. And another that had a baby in it on Round 1 had died by Round 2.
Of the 4 Cochins, we had 2 die. One early on, but the other was a recent thing and much bigger than the other 2 failure-to-thrive chicks.

All I can think is that I've had a REALLY hard time keeping the humidity up, and also that the temp got to 102 one day while I was at work, and may've stayed there.

My Ameracauna eggs are very hard to see into, but I've eliminated a couple of those, as well, that were obviously clear.

We'll check them one more time next Wed and then leave them alone until Saturday.Sunday. I'm going to get some sponges to try and bring the humidity up. We don't own a humidifier, but it may be the next thing I aquire...

Me too.
We took pics of the ones that failed to thrive for DD's future science project. So we felt like we made the best of a sad situation. Sure was hard to look at those embryos and know they could've been chicks, though!

Guess I'll just have to get more and try again, right?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom