~$10 Assortment of Hatching Eggs~

woot.gif
woot.gif
Hot diggity dog!!

Quote:
Yup!
Packaged well and obviously fertile.
Tomorow is day 7, so I will be officially candling everyone and taking notes. Even made myself a cute little Excel spreadsheet to track these peepers on!
I'm hoping my enthusiasm will be infectious and get DD#2 more into science...

I am excited to see what happens for you wegotchickens! Hope your evil plain works for dd, lol!! I wonder if I could get away with using that excuse with my dh so I can order more eggs
gig.gif
gig.gif

I'll definitely be chortling over every bit of good news that I can
ya.gif

And barnyard, DH is already stressed as he realizes my nefarious plot is unfolding. And he's getting hooked, too.... He watches the temp monitor just as much as I do, and he's hooking up a web cam so I can watch them from work on week 3!

Wow you hooked him good fashion didn't you.
Luckly I don't have to work, so I am at home to watch the bators. But dh has been "caught" a couple of times looking in on them checking temp's and what not. The only thing he is stressing about right now is how many chickens I am gonna end up having..
lau.gif

So far I have 19 6wk old in the brooder (ready to go outside)
at least 25 new chicks that I just hatched out this sunday

6 hens laying
2 rooster's

2 bantams (hen and roo)

3 bantam egg's in the bator and more on the way
ep.gif

Yelp it is official............I have lost my mind
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Same for my DH. And the kids. The kids didn't want me to turn the wooden swingset into a coop & run, even though they don't play on it any more. Said it had sentimental value (they are 12 & 15)!
Now they see the inevitable. The swingset as a coop and the current tractor as a mobile specialty coop. That would allow me twice as many standard hens and at least 6-8 banty or silkie peeps.
jumpy.gif

Mom says the neighbors may not appreciate this plan, however!

And then I'm gonna HAVE to sell eggs to recoup some feed costs LOL.
DH wants me to get back into collecting beads...

Last edited:
Well you should tell dh that you are still collecting.... it is just chickens instead of beads
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

My kids are all for this addiction I have. They are great enabler's too.

Back
Top Bottom