10 day old silkie chick help

Thanks for all the work you did. Man does that Nurtri-Drench stink!

Should I not be putting the Chick Boost in their water?

I would administer twice in the beak for the first day then revert to 2oz in a gallon in the drinking water. Or 1oz in 1/2 a gallon . The other products would be just ' doubling up ' , at this stage just give the nutri-drench a chance to ' kick in ' . If you see no improvement , then move on to the other products. Btw the vitamins should be beneficial to the rest of your flock too.

I would administer twice in the beak for the first day then revert to 2oz in a gallon in the drinking water. Or 1oz in 1/2 a gallon . The other products would be just ' doubling up ' , at this stage just give the nutri-drench a chance to ' kick in ' . If you see no improvement , then move on to the other products. Btw the vitamins should be beneficial to the rest of your flock too.

I gave them the first dose about 2 hours ago so I can give it to them again before I go to bed around 10'ish or wait till the next day and do two?

Give which one to the whole flock? They all have vitamins or did you mean the baby vitamins and if so how much in a gallon of water?

I was referring to nutri-drench. You only need to administer directly into the beak of the one chick that is having problems. It will do the others good to have access to vitamin enriched water also.
Tonight put another drop in the beak and tomorrow mix up 2oz in a gallon of water and see that everyone gets some. :)

I was referring to nutri-drench. You only need to administer directly into the beak of the one chick that is having problems. It will do the others good to have access to vitamin enriched water also.
Tonight put another drop in the beak and tomorrow mix up 2oz in a gallon of water and see that everyone gets some.
smile.png

Ok. Thank you for making this all simple for me! So what is the Rooster Booster for?

What about the baby vitamins?

Sorry to be so dense but it gets really confusing especially when you do a google search. There is so much information and although I'm far from not being able to understand college writing some of the research papers are a bit heavy! I haven't been doing this long enough to have any experience. The only experience I have is the 28 chicks (8 of which I just got within the the last two weeks) and four turkeys. When I got all the turkeys to butcher alive I thought I was doing pretty good.

See what happens when I start to get braggy lol

on a side note isn't it tomorrow over there, if so how's it been so far?

ETA one more question
Is the nutri-drench every day, every time I change their water or just once a day in their water?

Last edited:
Lol , it's Monday here and it's a lovely spring day. I think that you may have purchased all of the things Kathy and I mentioned, but we meant one or the other, because they are all essentially going to do the same thing. Never mind you will be prepared next time. Mix the vitamin water fresh each day, I just make enough to fill the waterer's for the day in a plastic watering can and top up throughout the day.
It can be very confusing and yes the internet is a ' buzz' with information. I just absorb what I need and ' trash ' the rest. :)

I wish tomorrow was going to be as nice here tomorrow but it's suppose to be 88 F (31.11 C) to hot to really do anything but head to the river!

That is where I got confused (bought everything thinking I needed everything) but started to think I was going to OD them on vitamins! Nice to know that if it happens again I don't have to stress I have other things to use and just replace the bottles as it expires/runs out.

One thing I have noticed with the big kids is they drink a lot less since I started to use fermented feed.

UPDATE

Blue (twitch) is still twitching but it is very rarely and you really have to watch for it.

I ended up filling the small syringe with water (3 mL) and put two drops of the nurtri-drench in that. Every six hours or so we dosed all the babies with a couple of drops from the syringe in their beaks. The big kids I added it to their water.

I did it that way because I was worried about the little ones drinking it. This way I didn't waste a bunch of nurti-drench in the water and was sure that everyone got some.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Back
Top Bottom