10+ Marans hatcging eggs BLACK AND BLUE COPPER

I have never had a splash come out of my hatchings would love for someone to clarify how to get them. Only genetics i understand is you need a roo with the dark gene to get the darkest eggs all three of my roos came from a # 8 eggs so they can only get darker.

I have never had a splash come out of my hatchings would love for someone to clarify how to get them. Only genetics i understand is you need a roo with the dark gene to get the darkest eggs all three of my roos came from a # 8 eggs so they can only get darker.
I am no genetics expert by any means. Someone posted this once and I saved it. Looks like you are supposed to get 50% black, 25% blue, 25% splash with blue X blue. It doesn't matter to me really what I would get. I love the blues and the blacks and have both. I don't have any splash yet so I'm not sure about those.

Do you have eggs available now?

Chart to determine color possibilities with a Blue
and Black Copper rooster.

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash X Splash = 100% Splash
Splash X Black = 100% Blue
Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Black X Black = 100% Black

I purchased 2 dozen eggs and received them yesterday. They were positively lovely and the packaging was stellar! These eggs are very dark, you'll love them!!

I am no genetics expert by any means. Someone posted this once and I saved it. Looks like you are supposed to get 50% black, 25% blue, 25% splash with blue X blue. It doesn't matter to me really what I would get. I love the blues and the blacks and have both. I don't have any splash yet so I'm not sure about those.

Do you have eggs available now?

Chart to determine color possibilities with a Blue
and Black Copper rooster.

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash X Splash = 100% Splash
Splash X Black = 100% Blue
Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Black X Black = 100% Black

Yes that is the BBS Colors Chart and it applies to Marans. We Love our Marans and have gotten splashes from the combination of blue x blues as well as black x blue. I'm guessing that your Blue Rooster may not be as dominant as say your Black Roosters and that may be the reason you are not getting any Splashes. You have an ample pool of blues that if they were in active contact with the Blue roos, it would seem you would get some splashes... Maransman 2011 if you want to see what you are getting, from the blue matings and if you could get some splashes., you could put the blue roo with the blue hens and see if you would get splashes then!

Thanks for your reply Just got a new blue copper roo And his colorings are great and he came out of a number 8 egg for One of Rons banded roos over blue hens so Im stoked to see what he produces. My eggs are pretty dark but wanting them to get darker. Ill throw some pics up soon.
thanks again
Chris

Back
Top Bottom