10 Skunks successfully evicted from barn

They're back! Evicted from the barn two days ago, now spotted them roaming around the house tonight. I chased them off, into the fields as far as I could, checked for any holes, found none. Going on vacation tomorrow for a week--I fear the worst upon my return :-(

You are far kinder then I. Cute as they are, they grow bigger and the fight gets harder and they have no birth control...yada yada yada. You will also smell like a skunk when you shoot it and then stand (what you thought was not so close) around talking about how you got it. Of course it was the first of 3. Thankfully they were coming into the pen (yep through holes in the dirt floor of the barn) and only eating eggs. They never killed one chicken. Could.not.believe.it.

Some of us, wimpy as we are, do VERY STUPID things, and survive anyway. Thanks to my guardian angel! Mary
In my college days on a road trip near Santa Barbara, my friend spotted a rattlesnake on the side of the road, we stopped, put it in a cardboard box which we put in the floorboard, with my foot on it, for the remainder of our trip--2-3 hours. What was I thinking? We also heard about an abandoned mine shaft in the same area, found it, it was partially flooded, with flashlights we saw bats hanging from the ceiling, and huge cat tracks, and continued on anyway a hundred meters or so to the end of the tunnel. Stupid! Couple days later saw on the news the local sheriff shot and killed a large mountain lion near there that was terrorizing people's chickens, cats, etc. Stupid & Lucky!

Okay, aart, back to the OP, who's going to have to trap and shoot his skunk family, or continue to support a 'skunk hostel', not better.
Cute as they can be, not in a barn around people and livestock. Mary

Okay, aart, back to the OP, who's going to have to trap and shoot his skunk family, or continue to support a 'skunk hostel', not better.
Cute as they can be, not in a barn around people and livestock. Mary
I dunno, my sis paid $500 bucks to have a skunk family living under her urban shed eradicated, just before she left on a 2 months vacation.

Not sure what I'd do, or rather how I would kill them all, stinky business.
Probably live trap, raincoat/mask, and a 55 gal drum filled with water.
But OP is going to have to get even more serious-er. :D

I just found 13dead chickens! Bodies fairly intact, lots of feathers around. The heads were on and the skin was barely torn. My fence is over 4.5 feet, no holes, they can not dig under... what would do this?

They're back!
I read that in the way the little girl says it in that Poltergeist movie. They're ba-ack.

Also, during the story, I'm picturing Oliver Douglas as a cross between Elmer Fudd and his wife Lisa, replete in pink negligee. :D

(I can only find this amusing from the other side of the world, with any skunk experience limited to Pepe le Pew. Good luck with the permanent eviction.)

Back
Top Bottom