1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

10 Week EE, still not sure

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by americanchicks, Oct 10, 2016.

1. americanchicks

americanchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2012
    Auburn, wa
    Hey all! 3 EEs of my 4 EE's are 10 weeks tomorrow. Still not sure about 2 of them...

[​IMG]
    #1:10 weekPullet
    [​IMG]
    #2: In front 8 weeks. Pretty sure its a pullet. You can see # 3 browning on the wing.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #3 10 weeks. Has always been strutty. Slowest to feather. Brown on wings. However browning has gotten lighter. Also has the smallest and palest comb of all the EEs
    #[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #4: 10 weeks, Browning on wing. Snapped this shot of some chest bumping. Keep in mind the RSL is 2 weeks younger. A little greenish sheen to tail. Browning is coming is on back and tail you can seen a pattern. Very feathery compared to #3. Also has a small pale comb

3 and 4 have me perplexed. Mostly #3 if the comb wasn't so small I would say rooster for sure. Infact that is the name of the chicken, Rooster.

No crowing or pin feathers but I read that that should be happening soon, if any are cockerels. Would love any guesses and I will post new pics in a couple weeks.

Thanks for reading!

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

All pullets.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

4. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Pullets

5. americanchicks

americanchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2012
    Auburn, wa
    Thanks all that makes me feel a lot better. I had a dream a few days ago that one of the birds was crowing but I couldn't find witch one it was. Woke up listening for a crow [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by