10 week old Pekin with possible neuro issue

Mrs. Crowe

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2017
Hi - appreciate any advice - we have a vet visit scheduled for Monday which is the soonest I could get an appointment. 10 week old Pekin that is just off - she (?) can't walk straight - she holds her feathers kind of funny and she tumbles over to one side or on her back quite a bit while trying to walk. We have had all 4 of my ducklings on brewer's yeast since week one and I even bought her a B-12 liquid supplement this week because I thought maybe it was niacin. But I'm starting to think it's a neurological issue - she also is much smaller than the male and at 10 weeks she is not "quacking" - just making a raspy drake noise but no curly feather. Any ideas? We are making sure she is getting plenty of water exercise - she is not showing evidence of foot or leg problems - just tumbles over on her back or side.

Try adding vit. E as well.you can try spearmint too it helps with nervous system and brain health.And I would say you have a male my ducks at 17 weeks still haven't gotten their Drake feathers 3 boys and 3 girls...You can tell much earlier by quack than feathers..They don't get Drake feather until about mature at approximately 4 to 6 months old

Back
Top Bottom