10 week old royal palm?? Is he a tom??? (updated 4 months old now)

Quote:
I agree that it looks like a hen to me also. Now go find you a 1 year old Harold and you will have lots off baby palms next spring.
wink.png

What part of England are you located? We visited England the last 2 summers. My daughter lives at Seaton Carew near Hartlepool.

Lol I will have to try real hard to persuade my partner to allow me to have another turkey, let alone having babies lol I was not allowed a turkey at all, until I took him to the farm, and he saw the adult royal, well he soon changed his mind, and he didnt even bat an eyelid when I had to buy another home for them large enough to accomadate the turkey when its mature...

I know where there is a young royal tom... im so tempted to go get him, and I can have him for a bargain price... but I would be in so so so much trouble lol.

I live in lincolnshire, its about 4 hours away from your daughter.... We have not had great summers for a few years, the weather is not like it use to be when I was a child, I am sure the seasons have gotten all mixed up.

Quote:
lol I have not watched neighbours in many years... when I named the Turkey... Harold just popped in my head lol... and then when I thought maybe he could be a she it just had to be madge (yes due to neighbours)
lol.png

Quote:
yep, almost 100% sure of that myself, if it starts getting black lacing on it's breast, then male, but look very henny to me so far, no obvious male characteristics yet, hard to be sure til several months old though, give it 4-5 more weeks

Hello today harold/madge fluffed up all its feathers and it seems to be getting black feathers under the white on its breast, you cant really see them if its stood normal, just only slightly... I will have to try to get some more pictures of him/her

Quote:
yep, almost 100% sure of that myself, if it starts getting black lacing on it's breast, then male, but look very henny to me so far, no obvious male characteristics yet, hard to be sure til several months old though, give it 4-5 more weeks

Hello today harold/madge fluffed up all its feathers and it seems to be getting black feathers under the white on its breast, you cant really see them if its stood normal, just only slightly... I will have to try to get some more pictures of him/her

if they are black on the breast, no doubt male

Quote:

if they are black on the breast, no doubt male

I will spend the day tomorrow trying to get a good picture, shame I did not have my camera today while outside as I sat on the bench and harold/madge came up and sat next to me, until my son came and sat with us, then harold/madge walked off strutting (I think he/she was jealous of him) lol

Quote:
Hiya, not great pics as its windy, and cold.. dont think harold/madge likes this cold weather lol

On this pic you can see a dot of black on chest just starting to come through... I wanted the wind to blow the chest feathers up so you could see underneath.. but no it just did not appen lol

61403_097.jpg

Back view of markings
61403_101.jpg

As he/she was bent down the feathers went forward, and you can see the black underneath this is similar under all the white chest feathers
61403_103.jpg

61403_106.jpg

I will be trying to get him/her strutting today if I can, but he/she only seems to do it when I have not got the camera... typical lol

Last edited:
I see the speck, but still looks henish to me, no snood growth yet, no spurs that I can see, and breast should be pretty well laced in black by now. The hens will strut a good bit too, just dont hold the pose long

Back
Top Bottom