10 week old royal palm?? Is he a tom??? (updated 4 months old now)

teresa-78

Songster
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
England
Hello, well my turkey is 10 weeks old now, and is strutting and chest pushing... please let harold be a tom
fl.gif

61403_chickens_turkey_and_ducks_018.jpg

61403_chickens_turkey_and_ducks_006.jpg

Last edited:
It has made a gobbly noise on a few occasions... and he walks up to some of my chickens and sort of dances around with a wing stuck out, he is so comical..

Oh NO Harold cant be a madge... lol would be my luck, when you want a male you always pick a female, and vice versa lol

Quote:
big_smile.png
see thats my thinking, but I dont think my partner would see it like that... It took loads of pestering to let me have harold/madge lol

Quote:
yep, almost 100% sure of that myself, if it starts getting black lacing on it's breast, then male, but look very henny to me so far, no obvious male characteristics yet, hard to be sure til several months old though, give it 4-5 more weeks

Quote:
I agree that it looks like a hen to me also. Now go find you a 1 year old Harold and you will have lots off baby palms next spring.
wink.png

What part of England are you located? We visited England the last 2 summers. My daughter lives at Seaton Carew near Hartlepool.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom