100% Hatch! And finally a hatch from shipped eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FLF, Nov 6, 2007.

1. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    I set 9 eggs from my muttly silkies, and got... 9 chicks! Finally, I don't feel like a chick murder. This was the first time I set my own eggs, since my guys are not show quality, but at this piont I just wanted SOMETHING to hatch, LOL.

Plus I finally got a hatch from shipped eggs. Another first for me! Thanks Jen! I got an adorable light splash, I couldn't have asked for much more.

Here is the whole lot, the little splash is the light one in the middle of my muttlies.
    [​IMG]

And the muttlies playing while splash is trying to sleep. Noisey Neighbors:lol:
    [​IMG]

And Splash after they woke "her" up.
    [​IMG]

Hope everyone doesn't get to sick of my chicky pictures:)

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Wow! 100%! Aren't you an expert hatcher now LOL Congrats! Love the pics!

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Precious babies, stop calling them muttlies--you are gonna give those sweet babies a complex. [​IMG]

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Beautiful chicks! I for one never get tired of seeing photos of newly hatched chicks. [​IMG]

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Farmer Kitty, How did you get 100%???
    Please give absolute details, Karen

6. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Luck, not skill, for sure! I hope it holds out for Cyn's eggs (though I'm not holding my breath). I will be ecstatic if I get 1 chick out of any mailed batches! The way she packed them was sooo awesome... I bet if she could have put bubble wrap inside those eggs, she would have LOL.

Precious is exactly what they are. I must play with them a billion times a day, when I'm not at work. I think the horses and dogs are getting alittle jealous! Though they will be getting a bit of a shock when them move from my dining room, out to my tack room [​IMG]. Oh well.

Thank you for the kind words!

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats on the new babies they look so cute! I hatching silkies for the first time and I'm excited to see how it goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by