100% hatch -- I love my Brinsea Mini Advance

SkyWarrior

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Wilds of Montana
After having worked with one of those styrofoam hatchers and getting lousy hatches -- anywhere from none to 3 out of 12, I decided to buy a Brinsea Mini Advance on recommendation of one of the people on this list. My first hatch just had 100% hatch. I had 7 eggs and my last chick hatched today!
celebrate.gif

I had no shrink-wrap chicks despite the terribly low humidity here (less than 20%) and no hygrometer, by simply following the instructions. I'm putting in some new eggs tomorrow for my next hatch!
woot.gif

I've heard some folks dislike this hatcher, but honestly, it worked exceedingly well for me.

I totally agree with you. I have styro bators, and 1st hatch was not good. I was able to get some Swedish flower hen eggs, so I decided to use a friends Brinsea mini advance. I put 5 eggs in lockdown and all hatched. The only thing I didn't like was once the first egg hatched, she/he played soccer with the other eggs, and the humidity got so high the baby was unable to dry. I was a nervous wreck when they all started to hatch you couldn't even see in the bator it was so humid. I ended up with one poor baby who kept getting his pip hole rolled over. I decided to take a few out to dry, and the last one was able to hatch. I totally agree that had I used my styro I would not have had a 100% hatch rate. I may buy one for myself to incubate my eggs, and hatch in the styro so there is more room. Now just waiting to see the color patterns on my new babies.
cool.png

Yeah, I took the chicks out and put them in the brooder still wet. Given the heat, I wasn't too worried and they dried off just fine.

If that's the only issue with the Brinsea, I'll deal with it. This is the first time incubating eggs have really been fun.

Back
Top Bottom