100 Pictures of my Flock: 2013 Edition

More from April 10: 60. an odd egg--no really!

Out in the coop, I was talking to the hens when I noticed old Rhode Island red Pace assuming the egg-laying position in one of the nests.

Moments later, seemingly with nothing in the box, Pace left, and so I investigated. There, I found one tiny egg, maybe about the length of a quarter's diameter.

That little beauty was a wind egg--no yolk in it at all! It is now hanging on my wall, emptied out. :)

Apparently, Pace wanted to know if I had a problem with her wind egg. She came right in for 22. a close-up as I was taking her picture afterwards. :lol:

Here's the classic 14. sports pose from the classy Debra Jo. The sports pose is what we call this one-leg-back pose that the hens do occasionally, as it resembles those pictures of footballers or other sports players in pictures. ;)

And finally, Wynne was investigating Betty's wet beard, which made for some 67. interesting interactions.

Something has come up, so I'm going to have to go for now, but as soon as I get back, I'll get to work uploading today's pictures! :) There are several pictures from today, but they're all from one theme: 32. gardening with chickens. I may even have more to add to the ones I already have! ;)

Well, today was a long day of school in the morning, and then arranging this year's garden in the afternoon. And of course, you can't be gardening for long around here before you're 32. gardening with chickens.

First, they had to make sure the soil was right for the garden. This takes scrutiny.

Then, they had to make sure it had been properly tilled. Much of the flock took turns working on this.

Pretty Poggy found a spot in need of rearrangement. "Silly humans, this dirt would work much better over there!"

Sora inspects the edges of the garden and removes any pesky bugs that might be in our way. She is very thorough at this job!

Finally, hours later, their work is done and the garden is mostly planted in. All that work will pay off in the coming months, when lots of tomatoes and cucumbers grow for them to get at!

More from April 10: 60. an odd egg--no really!

Out in the coop, I was talking to the hens when I noticed old Rhode Island red Pace assuming the egg-laying position in one of the nests.

Moments later, seemingly with nothing in the box, Pace left, and so I investigated. There, I found one tiny egg, maybe about the length of a quarter's diameter.

That little beauty was a wind egg--no yolk in it at all! It is now hanging on my wall, emptied out.
smile.png

Apparently, Pace wanted to know if I had a problem with her wind egg. She came right in for 22. a close-up as I was taking her picture afterwards.
lol.png

Here's the classic 14. sports pose from the classy Debra Jo. The sports pose is what we call this one-leg-back pose that the hens do occasionally, as it resembles those pictures of footballers or other sports players in pictures.
wink.png

And finally, Wynne was investigating Betty's wet beard, which made for some 67. interesting interactions.

Something has come up, so I'm going to have to go for now, but as soon as I get back, I'll get to work uploading today's pictures!
smile.png
There are several pictures from today, but they're all from one theme: 32. gardening with chickens. I may even have more to add to the ones I already have!
wink.png
Pace's expression is that of possible malicious intent... I'd run, if I was you. LOL!

I have just one picture to share this evening, y'all. Guess what I found out in the coop just now?

That's right, the first 4. broody glare of the year. (Not the first broody, mind you, but the first one to give me such an evil look!) This is clearly Sparrow Wyandotte's way of telling me I'd better not mess with her eggs. So I messed with her eggs. :lol:

And here's Sparrow Wyandotte's 'why did you mess with my eggs' face:

Okay, here we go! 8. New additions!! These are the new babies when they were still in the box, on our way home from picking them up.

These chicks are undeniably 46. the cutest babies!! Rangi the Ancona:

Po the black frizzle Cochin bantam:

Hika Ma the Easter-egger bantam

Around the feeder, we have 5. fuzzy butts!

This has got to be 98. the cutest stink-eye from little Roha the Exchequer Leghorn!

Back
Top Bottom