101 reasons we love ducks

75. Duckling leg stretches.

At our house we call this "Duck Tai Chi"
gig.gif

I love that every morning when I let them out of their house they all show me . . . . .
HOW INCREDIBLY THRILLED THEY ARE TO START A NEW DAY!!!

LOLOL! Yes!!! Ducks are very much morning people! LOL​

Last edited:
98. The way their wings go from "0" to "where did those wings come from?" as they are growing up.

99. I swear our runner ducklings would talk about us. I kept them in a rubbermaid container on top of my dog's crate in the living room. There was a period before we had a place outside for them that they were tall enough to look out of the container. Jeff and I would be watching a movie, and we'd notice them looking at us. Then they would "down periscope" and it sounded like they were talking about us. Then it would turn into laughing. We got a huge kick out of it.

100. The way that Ling Ling always bobs her head when I say her name. No matter what she is doing.

101. Their determination. My little call duck sometimes has a hard time getting into the pool. I made a step for her, but she won't use it. She circles till she finds away in on her own.

Last edited:
And I think we should go for 1001

Yes, there's more!

102. Ducks are better foragers than chickens, resulting in a better egg/feed ratio.
103. Ducks body temperature is higher giving them more disease resistance.
104. Most domestic ducks don't fly and it's easy to keep them fenced out of your veggie garden when you want to.​

106. The way they freak out when they get fresh clean cold water and go crazy with there wings and to a little hooligan dance (now what would you call that?) and you get wet from 15 feet away

107. The way they snuggle deeper and deeper under your shirt until they pop out the arm hole!

108. The way they will quack and quack and quack and quack and quack and QUACK until you are tempted to put DUCK on the menu
lol.png

109. The way they play follow the leader

110. The way they come running when you get the layer out to top up the bowls

110. The way they eat so much until they are forced to drink water when their necks get all swollen with food.

111. The way they get a mouthful of food and then rush to the water bowl to play with their food in the water

(My all time favorite thing about them is how they all tip their head and squint into the sky... Any hawks? Nope. All clear!)

They are such dorks!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom