101 reasons we love ducks

Not sure if these have been said but:

#191 - The way they always have a smile
#192 - The utter adorableness of a duckling (or even an adult duck) when they drink some water while facing you. Their little faces look so cute head on!

193. dinner issues
lau.gif

194. How comical a crested duck looks after a really good swim gets his/her crest all wet and it droops off to one side over the eye
195. How they love to follow you in a line while you're being silly. Picture an adult human leading the way, 'wack wack waddle waddle quack quack' and the ducks are marching in time.....
196. How they LOVE to swim with their human 'mother' in the stock pond
197. How they love swimming in the warm jacuzzi tub in winter
198. The way they have to come out and patrol the property to make sure all is well regardless of day or night

NEEDS MORE DUCKS SOON!!!!!

201. They way they react to new animals on the farm. My favorite moment so far came last night when we brought a kitten home. The ducks lined up in a row and stood there looking at it for around 20 minutes. Every now and then they would mutter to each other as if to say "What the HECK is that thing?" It was so funny
lol.png
When that kitten meowed, they took off across the yard like a bomb had gone off
lau.gif

Thought of another one

202. How they "tattle" on the chickens when they escape and invade the duck yard. I walk out and they run to me quacking up a storm "MOM, they are eating our food. Do something!"

Last edited:
205. How they eat peas like they are addicted to crack!

206. How they don't care how muddy and dirty they get - especially the white ones!

207. How they can swallow a slug whole that is bigger than the size of their head and not even blink!

208. How they can swallow a snail whole, shell and all!

209. How they can live in stink and don't care!

210: How they will get a good drink of fresh, clean water from the waterer, then wash it down with a good slug of mud from a puddle.
211: How they all come running across their yard, wings flapping, but never getting off the ground.
212: How I can spend hours just watching all the previous listed antics, and never get tired of it.
213: The feel of the density of their feathers.
214: Watching water bead up and roll off their backs when I mist them with the hose.
215: Seeing a Momma Scovy lay into a cat or dog who gets too close to her babies.
216: The perfection of each individual feather, and the myriad of colors they come in.

Back
Top Bottom