103 degrees, think they're dead?

Quote:
Oh yes, pics please! And we're almost neighbors; by about 20 miles. I have chicken eggs in the old 'hova bator' (at least 30 yrs old) but the temp seems to be holding and this is just day 4. Mine are on the kitchen on the counter next to the refrigerator! These will be sex link/buff orp and sex link/SLW crosses. And of course, we had one of the sex links go broody yesterday. Lots of chicks in our future!

I had a couple nights where I woke up and my Little Giant had decided to run the temperature up- once to 103.1 and once to 103.7. I don't know how long they were at that temperature.

They are in lockdown as of today, so we'll see if any of those hatch.

Update: 14 out of 30 chicken eggs and 5 out of 5 quail eggs hatched. I guess the verdict is that a day or two of 130.5 is OK.

There were 3 chicks that hatched and then died (so technically 17/30 hatched) but I don't know if that was in any way related to the temperature.

they should hatch
smile.png
. maybe.
hmm.png

Out of 4 silkies two black silkies lived and out of 16 quail 9 lived. I've already sold the silkies but I still have the quail will be taking pictures today. Sure am glad it's cooling down a little!

Back
Top Bottom