11 chicks-all pullets??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenCharmer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. I hatched 11 peeps of my own and they're now a month old. I am seeing NO signs of developing combs. How can this be- all 11 pullets?

I know, I know, they're too young to really tell, but I'm too impatient- I thought there may be some teeny tiny sign- like a bit pink or something, but I see nothing. Yet.

All 11 could be girls? I can't believe my luck!

2. Maryallison

Maryallison Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    WOW, maybe you outta play the lotto since you are so lucky! [​IMG] I have 48 3 week olds and it is looking like I have a pretty good mix..... [​IMG]

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Wow - I guess if you went one way, someone else out there got 11 of the other. [​IMG]

Congrats - you should try the lotto! [​IMG]

4. Well, I just checked again this morning and I think one might be a roo... his comb is biggish and there is a teeny wisp of pink in the back.

5. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Songster

Jun 4, 2008
    Even if there is a roo, that is about 20x better than I could hope for, I can't even get that many to hatch from a broody.

6. mediazeal

mediazeal Songster

Feb 26, 2009
    Wow, I have hatched 18 chicks and have at least 13 roosters, probably 14. (second hatch is 4 weeks old so not sure on all of them yet).
    I expected at least 50/50
    I have 4 for sure pullets in the entire group. I think you got the rest of my odds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: