11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm a little late... but I set 20 Paint Silkie hatching eggs from Twin Maple Ranch Silkies just in time for the Easter hatch along!
Just candled, 1 was clear, 2 had rings, and only 1 had a still slightly detatched air cell but is still growing strong!
17/20 with shipped eggs sounds pretty great to me :love
Twin Maple Ranch Silkies.jpg

I have work to do outside to prepare for all the chicks (25 1-2 week olds and 27 developing eggs). But my energy level hasn't returned to normal yet, and it is 86F already (feels like 89) with a high of 93 expected. Above average temps for weeks now.
I wish I had a pool! :D

My babies and I envy your weather... it’s -16c here today 😢.
I have 14 one month old Silkie grow outs on my deck, in a stock tank with a heat lamp, who are not happy about the recent temps. The other babies (8 Silkies, and 3 blue partridge Brahma) are in the house still. Much easier to motivate yourself to work when you have sunshine and fluffy butts to look forward to; I hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon 🤗

My babies and I envy your weather... it’s -16c here today 😢.
I have 14 one month old Silkie grow outs on my deck, in a stock tank with a heat lamp, who are not happy about the recent temps. The other babies (8 Silkies, and 3 blue partridge Brahma) are in the house still. Much easier to motivate yourself to work when you have sunshine and fluffy butts to look forward to; I hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon 🤗
Thank you! I feel great, I just can't do a lot at one time without recharging the battery (aka a nap), lol. And I do like the warm weather, it just slows me down further. I would love to go to the beach for a bit, but they don't want people flocking to the beach right now.
I need to get the little ones moved outside to make room in the inside brooders for the upcoming hatch. That should keep me occupied!

I candled, today is day 3. All eggs have started developing. Some I could clearly see, some were pretty faint yet.

-Cracked Egg- I did however find another cracked egg that I missed when I candled when loading them in. It has development, so I’m hesitant to take it out, however I don’t want it to ruin the batch by going bad. Should I wax it, leave it or toss it?
You have another option..

...Run a bead of superglue down the crack. Probably won't develop but worth a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom