11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the glued Bielefelders egg that made it. It was also chipped. These were shipped eggs. 3 were smashed beyond help. 15 of the 16 including the cracked one made it. 16 was upside down and broke a blood vein at hatching.
FA13C1D8-EC2C-4AD7-9602-08482B92F5B9.jpeg
053608F0-084F-4043-9543-B510693A9728.jpeg

Chick actually worked around the new skin, and he was the first one out.

Here’s the glued Bielefelders egg that made it. It was also chipped. These were shipped eggs. 3 were smashed beyond help. 15 of the 16 including the cracked one made it. 16 was upside down and broke a blood vein at hatching.

Chick actually worked around the new skin, and he was the first one out.

Darn, I had another one that was cracked, with the membrane intact, but I pitched it when I put them in the incubator on Wednesday. I should have asked sooner!

Oh yes... I WAS planning on the Hovabator but I ended up with the Incuvue for some reason I do not now remember. It's a little bit challenging to keep on temp, but I'm happy with it since I've had good results. Easy to keep clean!

So easy to clean! Easiest incubator I've ever cleaned. I'm planning on testing it as a hatcher with my next hatch. I've incubated them in the NR360 and want to see how it goes because I would love for the easy clean IncuView to be my hatcher so I don't have to sanitize the other incubators as often. We'll see!

Darn, I had another one that was cracked, with the membrane intact, but I pitched it when I put them in the incubator on Wednesday. I should have asked sooner!
I really didn’t give any of them much chance to hatch let alone the cracked one. The smashed box was disheartening to say the least.

I candled, today is day 3. All eggs have started developing. Some I could clearly see, some were pretty faint yet.

-Cracked Egg- I did however find another cracked egg that I missed when I candled when loading them in. It has development, so I’m hesitant to take it out, however I don’t want it to ruin the batch by going bad. Should I wax it, leave it or toss it?

For that one, finger nail polish or nu skin should work.

Hi all! Is it too late for me to join?
I am new to BYC and I set 5 silkie eggs under my broodies on the 23rd (coincidentally the perfect time for the hatch-along lol).
I think I can learn a lot from you all, since this is only my second silkie hatch.

I’ve been looking through some of your messages and I’m so excited to see your hatch pictures around Easter time!!:love:jumpy

Yes!
May I join this thread even though my eggs will hatch on Easter? I set
eggs last Sunday to give me something to look forward to during this period of isolation. When I looked at the calendar, I was excited to see that hatch day is Easter! I haven’t separated my breeding groups so the chicks will be mixed breeds. 3 Langshan roosters, 2 Pita Pinta roosters, and 1 Lavender Ameraucana rooster over 70 pullets and hens. 😁

It is good to have you here!

Well it looks as if I’ll have extras. You are more than welcome to them if that’s the case. Yes Greenfire line

@PetRock lives closer to you now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom