11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an egg I cracked mid hatch. When I plowed into the incubator while carrying something into the kitchen. I think it was around day 10-14. Something like that. It was part of the February hatch a long. I used normal nail polish. The color was "Free Fall". We named the chick Tom Petty. It's 6 weeks now and a pullet!

My track record with cracked eggs (shell only, intact membrane) is about 50/50 that hatch. Definitely worth giving them a chance. Just watch them closely.

IMG_20200212_115101298.jpg

This is an egg I cracked mid hatch. When I plowed into the incubator while carrying something into the kitchen. I think it was around day 10-14. Something like that. It was part of the February hatch a long. I used normal nail polish. The color was "Free Fall". We named the chick Tom Petty. It's 6 weeks now and a pullet!

My track record with cracked eggs (shell only, intact membrane) is about 50/50 that hatch. Definitely worth giving them a chance. Just watch them closely.

View attachment 2065616

Yes! This was the first thing I thought of!

Set some Sapphire Gem eggs today (too late for the hatch-a-long eggs, but just as much fun). My Silkie eggs should be here by Monday. I have everything planned out on a calendar - candling dates and hatch dates. I will forget if I don't have it written down...can't even remember what day of the week it is right now where the kids are home from school. I don't have all the "normal activities" to help me keep my week straight. I will be candling my hatch-a-long eggs for development on Tuesday (7 days)......feels like I have already had to wait 21 days and I am only on day 4. LOL! I even have it written down when I can purchase my next round of eggs! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom