11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could say I set some eggs! Couldn’t find Narragansett eggs in time and had just hatched 20 silkie bantam/silver sebright mixes and Deathlayers a few days before I needed to set more. Was bummed for a bit, wanted to join. But I’ll be watching!

And buying ducklings... shhh... nobody needs to know about the 4 yellow ducklings in the brooder box with the chicks :D

My humidity went to 23 :hit But I got it up and I have hope
Ditto what Ron says. Mine varies so much in the styrofoam incubator and they seem too do fine. Lockdown sometimes is tough to keep humidity up. You may have to try a sponge if so. In your case it sounds like your outside air is dry as well. I usually keep mine at 60% for lockdown but a lot depends on the air cell size at lockdown.
I’m assuming you calibrated your hygrometer.

So I decided to candle the eggs I’ve storing that haven’t been incubated at all. When candling there I just saw straight through them, can’t see the outline of the yolk.

When I candled my 80 hours incubated eggs, I saw the yolks in them (no veins though). Maybe the fact that I seen those yolks is actually promising?

Or have you guys found that the yolk becomes more visible as they’re incubated anyways regardless of if they are fertilised or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom