11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what breed at you incubating? Air cells will look entirely different based on the size of the eggs. These were Silkies from a hatch that I had 100% hatch and their weight loss was on point between 10.25%-13.15% by day 18. It can be difficult to go by some of the graphics because I do feel they look larger in the graphic than in real life. So don't panic! Also the air cells change a SIGNIFICANT amount in the last few days of incubation when they're on lockdown the air cell will begin to draw down for hatch.

View attachment 2080212View attachment 2080213
Cluckndoodle, so in your opinion the photos I posted were in line with your experience?

Candled my HAL eggs (day 14 for mine) - The Copper Marans I have left are still growing, had 1 quitter in the Appenzellars (the wax patched egg is still going), and the 2 Bielefelders that I thought were quitters on day 10 were definitely quitters. I also candled the Silkies that I set later (day 7, not HAL) and all 6 of them were doing good.
Nice Report!

It is good that the patched egg is still going too

Just weighed my eggs for the last time. Individually 3 were within the good weight loss bracket, 8 were really under for ideal weight loss for this stage, 4 were either just a little lower or a little higher than ideal which is fine.

The average for all 15 eggs was less than a percentage off from the ideal weight loss for day 18.

So now to wait the next three days and see if those 8 who were under the preferred weight loss will hatch.

I will remove the turner in a few hours and up the humidity and draw on their air cells. These next three days is going to really test my patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom