11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet but I've been eyeing those beauties for a while now. I believe I will be ordering them from a breeder on the west coast even though it's further shipping he supposedly has very stable blue egg genetics.

Definitely worth it to go with more of a sure thing then! Hopefully you share pictures when you do decide to get them 😉
There aren't many people in my neck of the woods who have stable celadon genetics, and those that do are sold out months in advance. But I think it will be fun to work on them, especially because quail mature so fast that I will know in 2-3 months who will lay blue, and I could theoretically work on 2-3 generations a year vs 1 with chickens.

I’m curious to seen how quail eggs fair during shipping vs chicken or goose though... I’m kind of wondering if smaller eggs and air cells = less damage from air pressures during flight/bumpy roads? My shipment was postponed until this coming Monday, so I’m impatiently waiting lol.

:eek::eek::eek:
My finger.
Unbelievable.
My first one just hatched.
IMG_20200408_180808.jpg
IMG_20200408_180753.jpg

Definitely worth it to go with more of a sure thing then! Hopefully you share pictures when you do decide to get them 😉
There aren't many people in my neck of the woods who have stable celadon genetics, and those that do are sold out months in advance. But I think it will be fun to work on them, especially because quail mature so fast that I will know in 2-3 months who will lay blue, and I could theoretically work on 2-3 generations a year vs 1 with chickens.

I’m curious to seen how quail eggs fair during shipping vs chicken or goose though... I’m kind of wondering if smaller eggs and air cells = less damage from air pressures during flight/bumpy roads? My shipment was postponed until this coming Monday, so I’m impatiently waiting lol.
I had quail eggs shipped here. They did fairly well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom