11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter! I was checking to see if the last egg had pipped. It hasn't but this was so much better.

IMG_20200412_073157017.jpg

All hatched!! The last one has an external pip so I left two in the incubator to motivate it. (I still can’t believe one came out white! My White Leghorn‘s seed lasted 2 weeks!!)

Here is a low quality picture. Can’t get it to focus. I’m giving 4 away to my husband’s aunt so I’m debating on randomly picking them for her or let her choose out of the bunch. I can’t sex them so I don’t really wanna risk giving her 4 boys. I rather her pick them out and if she gets 4 boys it will be her luck and not have room to say I purposely gave her 4 boys. They’re free after all so she should not complain even if she gets all boys, but still for my peace of mind, I rather her pick them out.

View attachment 2086025
When my rooster died I continued to get fertile eggs for somewhere around 3-4 weeks. It surprised me as well.

When my rooster died I continued to get fertile eggs for somewhere around 3-4 weeks. It surprised me as well.

Wow! Okay, that’s how long I will wait before collecting eggs with the new rooster as the fertilizer 😂

And I decided to give my husband’s aunt 4 out of the ones that hatched last night. If they’re all roosters oh well, they’re free. But I do think she has at least one female if not more.

All hatched!! The last one has an external pip so I left two in the incubator to motivate it. (I still can’t believe one came out white! My White Leghorn‘s seed lasted 2 weeks!!)

Here is a low quality picture. Can’t get it to focus. I’m giving 4 away to my husband’s aunt so I’m debating on randomly picking them for her or let her choose out of the bunch. I can’t sex them so I don’t really wanna risk giving her 4 boys. I rather her pick them out and if she gets 4 boys it will be her luck and not have room to say I purposely gave her 4 boys. They’re free after all so she should not complain even if she gets all boys, but still for my peace of mind, I rather her pick them out.

View attachment 2086025
Amazon delivery! Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom