11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my hatched quail chicks! The little lighter colored one was a surprise. Can't wait to see how it feathers out. At least it'll be fully grown in six weeks so I won't have to wait too long!

QhO0Ki_pe_ShbQEhmjY4ai2LbTgb0l3w4mAx59q7-iNLIzMPymSsI3mIXdNarbhdv68PXWJClndmXSk7aC3aVYdsfg5EqeRu4odkhuzSEIjsDOtUzB1ZJczCoQv5dHwMbJcr7iC4q2GpA3g7mFopqH9lQjuGnimVZRPBHw6mO5KiI8ShJO9ojmJUPcjlrei7sJWyI8nPKLdCZ4RGj_ZyoFXPTWWI17-P57gzTtVNVv4CXGt2kszb-A89kRkT_unv5aSX8h2LOf-jb6Fp7r1QLkRbG1-SZb4ljP_Pw1-gno39iKrCaQcdsYb9GMvwCbfHePysehDSq_w9GvUH0dcpWZOqGT9h75HqUH9hPX6GHvrHMAoF-U52MkblDxoXN9eIFOnlUsfgd6jK-BCgTHw625AM5wd-_6VoBbw7ArTrMuzxFkgYy3yLVBOx37ObHV78v_0edJctuPNWtUo4FCmQqmjdPaivMgE2bJG1Lw-6KomVvQvx2WMq1wpnfLUtIfWtJHeQTvTezwsukn-l5luJDsNW0hDjayMsnFkPlgMkjIv4GNNHBbLEKZ39Hn2Nitq8dxOHTx7F4Y0Lh2duDjWrKbKw7AF3U6rVjoC-XCU0M5VqMtwDVU3-fnPb7mtF8uoJAy6MbvURI8UmoVFDVc12Dv2p0AHaaBserV4sLxmZ6KpEFvW5sdhLRBKUqqE9=w1250-h937-no
Very nice!

I noticed on one of my new babies some feathers going really far down it’s leg To it’s feet 🤔
i have no feather feeted chickens in my flock (hatched out my flock eggs this incubation)
I wanna know what you guys think this could be. And if it’s just a chick stage and it’ll disappear later or what this might turn into.
I know it’s barley any feathers 😄but no other chick has this that has hatched so far and dried off for me to checkView attachment 2085765View attachment 2085767

it’s kinda cool😊
You likely have a breed based on parent stock that had feathered feet.

I noticed on one of my new babies some feathers going really far down it’s leg To it’s feet 🤔
i have no feather feeted chickens in my flock (hatched out my flock eggs this incubation)
I wanna know what you guys think this could be. And if it’s just a chick stage and it’ll disappear later or what this might turn into.
I know it’s barley any feathers 😄but no other chick has this that has hatched so far and dried off for me to checkView attachment 2085765View attachment 2085767

it’s kinda cool😊
I had something similar with my Altsteirers a few years back. It eventually went away. The feathers weren’t as many though.

I'm waiting on the ducklings still 😑 they take too long 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m with ya! I had one external pip yesterday morning, and it’s still that way now (although it has made a little progress since then). Got another external today, and everyone else is in the air cell. Technically they’re not “due” until tomorrow, but I’m getting impatient waiting to see if this guy is the daddy to any of them (making them X, not pure Welsh).

8F45D08D-C144-481C-A7B9-1070E1E2AB73.jpeg

Yes, he’s a bit of a turkey 😂

I have a couple eggs who seem a little off.
93F59529-E94F-479C-961A-2476720EA7B5.jpeg

This first egg is trying to open, but the cracks aren’t quite zipping and are going a bit far from the end. The egg itself is larger than normal and I’m worried it’ll have a more difficult time breaking free because of it.

C5B54E3F-F0DE-45B5-B858-8D6BAC087868.jpeg

I don’t know how well you can see, o thought this egg was doing well and zipping, but I can’t see the white membrane and am starting to suspect it’s not in the right position.

So instead of throwing some of my old eggs out I had decided I'd give them a shot in the incubator for the hatch a long, I also bought some eggs that I had shipped.
Ayam Cemani chicks (mine) hatched 11
American Bresse chicks (shipped and mostly mine) hatched 13
Bielefelder chicks ( shipped by 2 sellers) hatched 12
Barnyard Mix (mine) hatched 2
Coturnix Quail (mine) hatched 8 (not sure if I had that down or not, so disregard if not)
IMG_0893.JPG

Welp, I messed up this hatch. I started a night shift job working 12 hrs, worked the past 3 night and forgot to turn off the turner. Plus my incubator seems to be running slightly hot. I got home to 3 hatched chicks, 1 half zipped and dead chick, 1 dead in shell chick. Checked the duck eggs and 4 were dead in shell, 1 internally pipped, 11 not anything yet. They are due tomorrow night to the next couple days. :( the dead ducks were all in position with large yolks. The dead chick was upside down. I'm kicking myself. Those 5 chicken eggs were from my gamebird and showgirl that were recently killed by a fox.

Here's the 3 chicks. Not sure how the chipmonk came about because both parents were completely black. But I sure hope it's a girl. We jokingly call them gameshows.

20200411_234111.jpg
20200411_234131.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom