11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
they are so cute!
My bantams weren't using the brooder plate for some reason and now that the ducks are using it, they realize that it's for heat 🙄 I swear these bantam chicks are probably about the dumbest things I have ever had 😂 I'm hoping that their smartness is like wine and it gets better with age 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
My bantams weren't using the brooder plate for some reason and now that the ducks are using it, they realize that it's for heat 🙄 I swear these bantam chicks are probably about the dumbest things I have ever had 😂 I'm hoping that they're smartness is like wine and it gets better with age 🤦🏼‍♀️
They're toy chickens, I guess. Are toy doggies dumb, too?

They're toy chickens, I guess. Are toy doggies dumb, too?
I hope your theory plays out... I have an egg carton of silkies in my basement stayin' chill until I get home from the post office with their supersize brahma sibs. I think I will make them their own cattle panel coop in the back yard, close so I can spoil them and enjoy their awesome cuteness.

My bantams weren't using the brooder plate for some reason and now that the ducks are using it, they realize that it's for heat 🙄 I swear these bantam chicks are probably about the dumbest things I have ever had 😂 I'm hoping that they're smartness is like wine and it gets better with age 🤦🏼‍♀️
I push the chicks under the brooder plate after I show them where the water is! I also tap the crumbles to show them where the food is.

I use a nipple water fountain for the chicks and a regular one at first until they pick up the nipple.

It only takes one to catch on though!

I push the chicks under the brooder plate after I show them where the water is! I also tap the crumbles to show them where the food is.

I use a nipple water fountain for the chicks and a regular one at first until they pick up the nipple.

It only takes one to catch on though!
They don't catch on 🙄 My husband and I put them under there so many times. When we would walk out of the room we would come back and they would be huddled in the corner.

I think the problem is they had a heat lamp at first, but I put the heat lamp outside in the outdoor brooder that's in the shed... I think they were still looking for the light. I hate using heat lamps! I need another brooder plate.

They don't catch on 🙄 My husband and I put them under there so many times. When we would walk out of the room we would come back and they would be huddled in the corner.

I think the problem is they had a heat lamp at first, but I put the heat lamp outside in the outdoor brooder that's in the shed... I think they were still looking for the light. I hate using heat lamps! I need another brooder plate.
I have not used lights in a long time!

I like the premiere1 plate

When I use heat lamps I use the dark reptile heat bulbs (unless there are so many brooders going that I run out...) :oops: Usually I choose my heating pad "brooder plates", but they do take up quite a lot of room.

Lookie what I got today!! :celebrate Silkied Cochin hatching eggs!

1584037221462.png

Those of you with experience hatching from shipped eggs... These guys mostly have saddled air cells, some sort of moving and some not, with one whose air cell is moving freely in the egg... Is there any special way I should handle them? I want to have the best chance at getting chicks from these, obviously, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything right. :fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom