11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
He said and I never saw this that the chick was almost fully developed. We still get in arguments over this.
:ducI find it best to not argue with people that say things that can't be true. Some like to rewrite history. Deflecting is a good strategy

My husband is all for me setting as many eggs as I want as we see this tragedy happen to our world. He wants meat in the freezer and not from the grocery store 😁 I can make it happen!

We will be getting vegetable plants at Lowe's soon if possible because I'd rather eat my own food than walk into a grocery store. That's even when there's no craziness happening.

For those considering the Nurture Right 360, I absolutely love mine. I have 3 Brinsea’s (2 Octagon 20’s and a Mini II, plus a cabinet incubator lol) but I use the NR first, before I fire up any of the others. I especially love hatching in it because of the view! Even with a few quirks to deal with, I’d still highly recommend it. Just my 2cents.

My husband is all for me setting as many eggs as I want as we see this tragedy happen to our world. He wants meat in the freezer and not from the grocery store 😁 I can make it happen!

We will be getting vegetable plants at Lowe's soon if possible because I'd rather eat my own food than walk into a grocery store. That's even when there's no craziness happening.
Reminds me of a saying over on permies.com:
It's the Apocalypse! Quick! Plant something!
Makes me giggle. I haven't had a successful garden in many decades (since moving up here, actually). We planted a greenhouse last fall in-between blizzards, so I will soon take that advice. :lau

That's one of the incubators I've been interested in. (The other is the Incuview.) I'd love a Brinsea, but price makes that option not possible.
For those considering the Nurture Right 360, I absolutely love mine. I have 3 Brinsea’s (2 Octagon 20’s and a Mini II, plus a cabinet incubator lol) but I use the NR first, before I fire up any of the others. I especially love hatching in it because of the view! Even with a few quirks to deal with, I’d still highly recommend it. Just my 2cents.

I agree with WVduckchick! I have 2 Nurture Right 360s, an IncuView, and a Brinsea Mini Advance (have had a few other incubators as well and narrowed it down to these). The Nurture Right 360 is my favorite, great incubator.

IncuView is great if you're also wanting to hatch turkeys or geese but it does have some hot and cold spots so I recommend rotating eggs like you would in a styrofoam incubator, it's the easiest incubator I've ever cleaned!

I ran the Brinsea for days and days and it held stable. It smells...odd. I also cleaned it out twice and ran it some more, lol, I can attest that it's very stable temperature. I finally put some eggs in it, we shall see! I just can't seem to get past this smell every time I open it. Has anyone else noticed the plastic/electric smell coming from the red coated heating wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom