11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I just finished the day 7 candling of the silkied Cochin eggs I had shipped to me. And the verdict is...

7 clears. :hmm

2 super early quitters. :(

And... 6 that appear to be alive! :celebrate 3 for sure because I saw them dancing around! :love The other 3 look just like the dancers, but weren't moving while I candled. They don't look dead, so I'm hoping that just means they were 'napping' or something. :fl

Meanwhile, I have 4 eggs set aside so far to set on Saturday. Two Easter-egger eggs and 2 silkied Cochin eggs, both covered by Silkie roosters. Not sure if the EE is actually being bred or not, but she's a character, so it's worth the chance for getting babies from her. The silkied Cochin hen is a favorite of one of my Silkie boys, so I'd be surprised if her eggs weren't fertilized.

The OEGB girls haven't laid a single egg since I partnered them up over the weekend to collect from them. :tongue The brats! I'll have to hatch from them on their schedule, I guess. :p

Edited for grammar :oops:

Last edited:
I just finished the day 7 candling of the silkied Cochin eggs I had shipped to me. And the verdict is...

7 clears. :hmm

2 super early quitters. :(

And... 6 that appear to be alive! :celebrate 3 for sure because I saw them dancing around! :love The other 3 look just like the dancers, but weren't moving while I candled. They don't look dead, so I'm hoping that just means they were 'napping' or something. :fl

Meanwhile, I have 4 eggs set aside so far to set on Saturday. Two Easter-egger eggs and 2 silkied Cochin eggs, both covered by Silkie roosters. Not sure if the EE is actually being bred or not, but she's a character, so it's worth the chance for getting babies from her. The silkied Cochin hen is a favorite of one of my Silkie boys, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't fertilized.

The OEGB girls haven't laid a single egg since I partnered them up over the weekend to collect from them. :tongue The brats! I'll have to hatch from them on their schedule, I guess. :p

Oh what a bummer on the clears and quitters! I hope all 6 of the developing babies hatch perfectly for you!! I'm picking up mine tomorrow! :ya

Oh what a bummer on the clears and quitters! I hope all 6 of the developing babies hatch perfectly for you!! I'm picking up mine tomorrow! :ya

:fl Me, too! I need more silkied Cochin babies in my life!! :jumpy

And YAY!!
yippie stars.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom