11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Lookie what I got today!! :celebrate Silkied Cochin hatching eggs!

View attachment 2049943

Those of you with experience hatching from shipped eggs... These guys mostly have saddled air cells, some sort of moving and some not, with one whose air cell is moving freely in the egg... Is there any special way I should handle them? I want to have the best chance at getting chicks from these, obviously, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything right. :fl
So jealous! You always have the best chickens! I'm wishing you a great hatch.

So far, I agree with the advice already given. The air cells will stabilize and you can always skip turning them for the 1st day or 2 to give them a little extra time to attach. I like to do a dry hatch and monitor air cells by tracing with pencil. Just watch closely at hatch. There may be a couple that need assistance. (Not because of weakness but because of the shape of the air cell. The chicks turn out fine.)

Hello! I have a question. I ordered shipped eggs for the EHAL. Unfortunately, they shipped early and are expected to arrive today (I was expecting them next Tuesday) . I plan to let them set, but what is the earliest date I can start incubating them and still be eligible for the EHAL contests?

I know @ronott1 said there would be a little wiggle room but I'm not confident on the exact number of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom