11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Loaded up the big yellow 'bator bus today. It's a full load riding to their lockdown. (The tinted eggs are Ayam Cemanis incubation for friends. The others are ride-alongs of French Black Copper Marans and blue-feathered Olive Eggers.)

I'll be saving eggs for Round #2 of incubation to set on the 21st with the Easter Hatch-along. Been getting a lot of calls for Marans chicks lately.

View attachment 2052869
Very nice!

Chicks don't count because a few are likely to die.

Layers don't count because they are providing food.

Broodies don't count because they are incubators.

Roosters don't count because they are security.

Meaties don't count because they are food.

Named birds don't count because they are pets.

I don't have any birds. I better get some!
chicken_math.jpg

I don't know whether I could even sell chicks or poults here. There aren't any ads on Craig's List... or are people not using that any more?

Some people use Craigslist but here, there's pennswoods.net and Facebook groups. We're also gaining quite the following for our monthly tractor supply livestock swaps :)

I don't know whether I could even sell chicks or poults here. There aren't any ads on Craig's List... or are people not using that any more?

I chat with people in a local chicken facebook group and I keep a waiting list for those that would like chicks. If I'm having trouble rehoming a rooster for example then I also use MeWe and Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom