11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have weirdness going on with one of the Pekin eggs... It has no air cell 🤷🏼‍♀️ there's a duckling in there so I don't want to toss the egg.

Anyone ever experienced this?

I found a good thread on the subject! Hers ended up being on the side and was made visible after continuing incubation for a while.

EDIT: since you mentioned in another thread that it was moving around at first and is no longer visible now it may have settled on the side like this one.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duck-egg-veins-but-no-air-sac.1160490/

I found a good thread on the subject! Hers ended up being on the side and was made visible after continuing incubation for a while.

EDIT: since you mentioned in another thread that it was moving around at first and is no longer visible now it may have settled on the side like this one.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duck-egg-veins-but-no-air-sac.1160490/
I'll look. The embryo looks super healthy though. I'm hand turning too and not using my vertical turner.

I weighed my eggs today!! They were all either below the percentage bracket or over it. But the average was perfect so I’m happy. I haven’t candled but I will to verify if any are infertile. I’ll candle later today to give them some time to rest after weighing. I did add water to up the humidity.

... we went to town (a big deal nowadays) this morning to get my new incuvue incubator and two dozen duck eggs ..

....didn't even think about my nearly-ready eggs in the old incuvue except to make sure they're holding steady at 99.5.

I thought you were using a Hovabator, because I found a post where you said so. My plan details (cell addresses, cells per quadrant etc..) were based on the Hovabator egg turner holding 42 eggs in a 7x6 grid...

..The Hovabator that Feedman recommended should do just fine. That’s the one I plan to get.

I candled, today is day 3. All eggs have started developing. Some I could clearly see, some were pretty faint yet.

-Cracked Egg- I did however find another cracked egg that I missed when I candled when loading them in. It has development, so I’m hesitant to take it out, however I don’t want it to ruin the batch by going bad. Should I wax it, leave it or toss it?

Attachments

• FE9097C9-70EF-4A9F-9988-4A33FE5A2D9D.jpeg
    FE9097C9-70EF-4A9F-9988-4A33FE5A2D9D.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom