11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This photo perfectly illustrates my only complaint with my NR360 (and somehow, though I bought it new 3 weeks ago, it says "ver.1" in the manual and has the clear wrap-over dome with the more visible air vent on the front side (which I prefer anyway..)). My complaint is with the unit's candler, where the plastic housing is too translucent, glowing brighter in use than the eggs we're trying to examine. It also lacks sufficient intensity to illuminate my Ameraucana blue eggs, even after I brushed a 2" wide band of black nail polish around the candling port.

Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with my NR360!

I have seen people put black tap around it so there isn't any bleed through of light. I don't actually use the built in candler because I like my high lumen flashlights so I can see better I guess, lol.
You have the newest version. Its NU1 correct? The dome is the newest.

This newer version, is the inside headroom the same as the older version? While I am needing another incubator, i'm actually leaning towards a cabinet one. the only issue I have felt the nurture right failed on was the inside head height after chicks were hatched.

The height isn't too bad. I even hatched goslings and peachicks in mine and I didn't really worry about the height. They just flop around in there until I take them out anyway, no matter the incubator I'm using. LOL! Don't get me wrong it's cramped for something as large as a gosling if they wanted to stretch out but they mostly sleep a lot right after hatching so it still worked out.

3-25-20 (7).JPG

Here's a good one with the turkeys needing to lean over under the fan but still standing.

7-11-19 (32).JPG

These were the Peachicks.

7-13-19 (15).JPG

But yeah, the regular chicken chicks I haven't had any issues with the height. :)

I got a new incubator today! It holds 96 eggs!
View attachment 2073369

We have the small version of this one (single level), and it works great for the price! A couple tips, the heat and humidity readout are both off, so make sure to use external gauges, and, leave the styrofoam packing clam around the plastic shell, it helps it hold the heat way better.

May just be some units to be that way. I'm kind of disappointed for both issues because it was a decent price on Amazon, I thought, but back it goes!
A few days ago I pulled 6 more non starts. Which then allowed me to move the 6 remaining from the other incubator into the main incubator. The other incubator maybe full again. :oops:
Same boat here... pulled the clears, bought a second incubator, somehow they're both so full I'm turning by hand. I'm taking advantage of my husband's current willingness to have a barn full of poultry. :D

May just be some units to be that way. I'm kind of disappointed for both issues because it was a decent price on Amazon, I thought, but back it goes!

Same boat here... pulled the clears, bought a second incubator, somehow they're both so full I'm turning by hand. I'm taking advantage of my husband's current willingness to have a barn full of poultry. :D
Oh I’m turning a few by hand as well. :lau

Hey, a flupocalypse has to be SOME use. At least you get more chikins. 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom